The Longest Journey and Dreamfall

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Wicca who Wonta, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Wicca who Wonta

Wicca who Wonta Vice Admiral Admiral

I love the games The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Has anyone heard anything about a sequel? There were rumors of a sequel a few years ago but I haven't heard anything since, so I guess there is little hope, especially since there is no news on Funcom's website. They really left us hanging at the end of Dreamfall... :(

2. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

They are claiming that a sequel will come after they finish their MMO.

Which means never, probably. :p

3. grand_nagus_biglobes

grand_nagus_biglobes Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The director/writer for Dreamfall/TLJ has a blog here:
    http://ragnartornquist.com/

Search it, and he's said some stuff about sequels etc. As I understand it, once he finishes working on the MMO, he wants to release a series of episodic games based around dreamfall, and do a proper sequel to TLJ after that.
    I'm also pretty sure he's said that if the story doesnt get completed through games, for whatever reason, he'll try and finish telling it through writing/comics/whatever.

I love those two games. Cliffhanger ending aside, Dreamfall was a masterpiece of storytelling. I wish more games had gameplay that served the story, rather than the other way around.

4. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm getting the feeling that the MMO will die and the studio will be forced to make more mainstream projects.

I hope that's not the case... I mean, Michel Ancel was able to get a Beyond Good and Evil sequel out of Ubisoft, but I just have a somewhat bad feeling about it.

5. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Never played TLJ but I did get my hands on Dreamfall and I enjoyed it so I hope the stars align and they do continue with the series.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I seriously enjoyed both games, so I'd love to be able to play another one.

7. Wicca who Wonta

Wicca who Wonta Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps there's hope after all. Or maybe not. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :p

8. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fantastic games, both of them.

Especially TLJ, I will always remember. I hope we'll get another game set in that universe.

9. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I picked up the two pack a couple of years ago. I should get around to playing it sometime