Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I just met Zack Snyder!

[​IMG]

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Zack looking an awfully like Mark Ruffalo these days. Thats awesome though JA! Too bad you couldn't get that close to Nolan.

3. JacksonArcher

I asked him if he knew where Christopher Nolan was. ;)

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Breaching your injunction. Tut-tut!

5. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember Smith complaining about Peters incessantly demanding a giant spider, it was funny and the guy comes off as really dumb, but I always sort of took that with a grain of salt.

I mean, iirc, the villain was Brainiac, and there's no law that says Brainiac has to look like a certain thing. (Except the color magenta should be involved.)

It's weird to finally see a photo of him, because--I realize now--that for years I've been picturing Zack Snyder as Zack Morris.

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've seen him in the past and he always reminded me of Seth Meyers from SNL Weekend Update, but that picture he look like Mark Ruffalo. I think it's the 5 O'clock shadow.

7. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good work, Jackson. Do you need one of us to bail you out?

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I suppose I'm one of the closest, so I'll go. Fuck. I was going to use that money for hookers and blow.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

We all know he's got a 100 ft restraining order from Nolan.

[​IMG]

Coke Zero and 7 eleven product placement?

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, on the Commentary opening for Dawn of the Dead, he looks quite a bit like Seth Meyers. He definitely looks older now

11. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

How did SR suck? I'm probably one of few who actually like it. :lol: I remember being impressed with it in the cinema when I saw it, but in fairness it doesn't hold a candle to both Superman I and II.

12. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To me it doesn't really suck. It's just plain boring and old.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I really like it too (maybe not as much as when I first saw it, but still)

But there's no denying that it didn't exactly set the world on fire.

14. JacksonArcher

Jeff Robinov, who is now the President and COO of Warner Bros., said the reason they were rebooting is because they felt like Superman Returns under-performed. Here's the exact quote:

Here's the rest of the article. So quite literally Robinov and studio executives felt underwhelmed by the performance of Superman Returns and thought a reboot was the better option. This was before Nolan and Goyer pitched their idea for what eventually became Man of Steel.

15. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

When Superman switches to Clark, he should wear a red Speedo on his face.

Heck, it'd explain why no one recognizes him.

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually Robinov didn't say anything much about SR's financial performance - simply that it didn't "work as a film" and "didn't position the character the way he needed to be positioned."

And oddly enough, despite the actual measurable under-performance of Green Lantern they're entertaining a sequel to it. These folks obviously have a strategic view of some kind as to how these properties should be developed, even if the way to do it isn't clear to them at all times.

17. JacksonArcher

The article mentions the disappointing box office returns and Alan Horn has gone on record, back when he was running Warner Bros. (which was during the time the film was released) that Warner Bros. as a whole was disappointed at the box office figures.

Clearly there's no disputing that Warner Bros. was not satisfied with the box office returns of Superman Returns and it was a big factor in their decision to eventually reboot the franchise. Also, in regards to a Green Lantern sequel, that article also mentions that Horn and WB was at one point entertaining the notion of a sequel to Superman Returns, but we saw what happened there. Nothing is for certain in this industry. And this is coming from someone who adored Superman Returns and was pleasantly entertained by Green Lantern. Click here for the original article.

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Michael Shannon as Zod!

Michael Shannon as Zod!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. JacksonArcher

Michael Shannon as Zod!

[​IMG]