(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I can't quite figure out if Hart was sacked or quit, either way it doesn't bode well. The QPR job is turning into more of a poisoned chalice than even the Newcastle job was!

2. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

It's been two weeks since the last post here and QPR haven't sacked anyone!

Crystal Palace have gone into administration though. Appalling timing considering the money they're likely to make by selling Victor Moses before Sunday night. They won't be the last to go into administration this season either - Cardiff are worryingly close to it. The perfect way to undo our recent revival and promotion push. Our stadium costs have really left us hamstrung in the short term - where else could all the money from the sales of players from Ramsey gone? Worrying times down here - there's a protest being planned for before the Doncaster game on Saturday. I'm going to that game so it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Chelsea in the Cup as well. Would have been perfect for us to get them at home, but a trip to the Bridge and the most lethal team in the country awaits.

3. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So did you guys hear? Osama Bin Laden just sent a new tape to prove he is still alive. He said "man city were fucking shit last night." MI6 spokes person has dismissed it saying "it could have been recorded at any time in the last 34 years.

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

19 League Games unbeaten Forest travel to Derby this weekend looking for our first away win against the Rams since the 90's and our first win at Pride Park :klingon:

3-2 win for us at the City Ground but this could be even closer as the form book goes out the window for derbies. Personally I'd settle for a draw and I think it wil end 2-2. The PL beckons for 2nd place Nottingham Forest :techman:

5. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Hehe.

They weren't even that bad though, but it was by far the most entertaining match between two English clubs I've seen in a long time. ;)

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm sure QPR will sack someone soon, unfortunately it won't be the players...

I didn't realise Cardiff were in trouble, hope you're able to avoid administration. I guess Palace figured even if they sold Moses it wouldn't be enough. It might delay the inevitable but not postpone it so get the ten points out of the way now while there's still points to play for.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting game. Jax I acrtually agree with you, I think 2-2 if I'm honest. We have played shit of late but, two of our best performances have been against teams near the top, WBA and Newcastle, so I fully expect a good performance tomorrow.Whether it will be good enough is another matter. I hate it when the pundits say things like "You know, Forest have never won at Pride Park."

I think the Forest hierarchy have found the perfect way to handle Billy Davies. ie don't let him go mad with his spending. By this point of our promotion season he was signing all sorts of losers!

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ Papers have us favourites to sign Victor Moses (£3.5 million) if we get promoted cause Adebola will be released and we are on verge of selling Joe Garner with Tyson a winger these days. Earnshaw or Blackstock off Moses does sound like a nice combo though will be sad to see Garner go he was a good super sub. I am hoping if Forest get promoted we can sign Shorey on a full time basis and of coruse no matter what happens we look to have tied up a deal for Madjeski :techman:

I would love us to get David Wheater if we get promoted, that guy needs to leave Middlesbrough to save his future England hopes...He was top class in the U21 and has the potential.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

It will be very interesting to see what signings Billy makes if (it's still an if :)) you go up. He does at least look like he'll have more money to spend if nothing else. I do wonder if he'll hang onto Earnie though or sell him, many people (not just at Derby) would argue Earnshaw isn't a premier league striker. I'd hand onto him if I was you but only as third choice maybe. He can score out of nothing and should you come down he really does excel at this level. (We made this mistake with Steve Howard, by all means hang onto him but suddenly he was our number 1 or 2 striker in the Prem and horribly out of his depth-we should have made him a bit part player but we relied too heavily on him)

My one abiding hope for tomorrow is that there's no trouble. Is Tyson fit? He's liable to get some stick I imagine if he plays.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ Far as I know he is fit and will play on the left wing because Cohen who is in sensational form will go to left back.

EDIT -

So they banned for pulling out after being shot at and losing 2 of there own people WTF, Africa you silly twats. FIFA should step in and slap down this ban and then go after the idiots in charge of the tournament.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Henry Winter writes a great piece about John terry who could be on the verge of losing the armband and rightly so...

Henry Winter Story

I agree that Terry having an affair with not only at the time a fellow club team mate but a fellow England player is simply atrocious and ooses the greed of the man who says he loves his club/country but in many ways its far worse than Ashley Cole but hides it better. Wayne Bridge is not a great left back but hes an England player and one we need due to lack of cover and I could easily see bridge leaving England if Terry remains captain or go either way.

The England armband is so so important in our country and rightly so and this situation leaves me wondering how any player especially a married on could follow Terry as their leader. Rio Ferdinand was my choice back when Capello named Terry and I think Rio should get the nod this time with Rooney as his vice captain ready to take over from Rio after 2010 Africa.

Terry to cheat on a fellow player and supposed friend...I hope he is ASHAMED of himself but I think not as he counts his money he doesn't deserve.

11. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Give Rio the armband.. JT no way deserves it after this and that Chelsea training complex scandal.

On a related note: I'd hit that.. (Wayne Bridge's missus)..

[​IMG]

12. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Premier League? You're having a laugh......! :p

Nice to see that Billy Davies is still the same ignorant/arrogant twat that he always has been though. Clough 3 Davros 1.

No wins ever at PP for Forest and the BC Trophy back where it belongs.

Not a bad weekend...... :lol:

13. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Thank you Derby, thank you 10-man Leicester and thank you thank you THANK Doncaster's dopey goalkeeper. Excellent weekend for the Bluebirds despite putting in a dreadful second half performance. Hopefully we will pay the taxman soon and ease our worries.

The John Terry affair is absurd. How can he keep the armband and be a role model? It's hardly the first time he's been in trouble off the pitch either, and this is just the worst in a long line. If Bridge were to make the plane to SA, surely there's a strong likelihood of a split squad, which will help no one.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Much as I detest Terry, who are you gonna give the armband to?

Rio "I'm too important for a drugs test" Ferdinand?

Wayne "Hooker" Rooney?

Steven "Punch up" Gerrard?

Becks would be idea but not gaurenteed to play. Unfortunately neither is Barry who'd be my other choice.

Great win yesterday, no scratch that fantastic win, made all the better by us being the better side for most of the game.

I've decided that I could live with Forest getting promoted, and I could live with Billy Davies (Davros I like that Angel) getting a side promoted, but Billy getting Forest promoted is a step too far...Still you never know, this could be the start of a 19 game beaten run :lol:

I just want us to play like we played against Forest/WBA/Newcastle against the smaller sides, that's our bloody problem. We can give Newcastle a game but not Scunthorpe!

15. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Who's captain is way overrated in football imo, especially in England. It's an honour for the individual player, but it almost always has zero effect on anything imo. Some coaches let the player vote the captain, maybe that would be a good idea for the England team too.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

If Capello keeps Terry then that shows his so called Tight Regime is nothing but a farce. The Egypt game in a month will probably see the majorty of English fans boo Terry when his name is said by the speakers around Wembley. If your captain is booed like that, which am sure he will be then its time to give up the armband.

Wayne Rooney 22 goals n all can handle the pressure but Rio's experience is probably the way to go who seems to have gotten over his back issue for now (Fingers Crossed).

17. Angel4576

I see that the poisonous snake is now trying to worm his way out of 'handshake-gate' by claiming that Nigel 'hit' him.

If he did, fair play to him, there'd be no shortage of volunteers for that privilege. However, Davies also says that Nigel knee'd him in the back of the legs. Now come on Billy, that's just anatomically impossible. If Nigel had knee'd you it would have been in the back of the head.

If beating Forest wasn't good enough, Crankie has to go and make things even better by proper spitting his dummy out and winging his toys out the pram.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

^I only heard about that this morning. Billy Davies just has to be the centre of every story doesn't he? And to accuse Nigel of this? Not exactly renowned as a dirty hard tackling player was he? I don't see what he gets out of this. To Derby fans he seems whingy and whiny and surely even to forest fans he must come across a bit of a knob. I also like the way he's been rewriting history to suggest he was sacked and treated badly by Derby rather than the truth, that he was angling to leave from the moment we were promoted and before Pearson joined. He made comments that the chairman had no choice but to sack him for.

Still at least he had the guts to turn up to Pride Park this time...

19. Angel4576

Unlike Tyson.....

Had a perfectly good corner flag ready to shove up his arse as well! :lol:

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Was it billy's decision to drop tyson, or do you think he begged not to play!