Spoiler revealed in new game trailer set in NuUniverse?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

check it

It looks like the the real spoiler is in the first seconds of the trailer, where Spock says where they are going.. could be a hint of a similar destination in the new film..

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Are those lizards supposed to be the Gorn? They're very agile...

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I doubt it. Pine and Quinto are voicing Kirk and Spock in the game.

5. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just because they visit New Vulcan in the game doesnt mean they will in the film, doesnt mean they wont either.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't really see how this is a spoiler. We knew the surviving Vulcans would likely colonize a new homeworld, New Vulcan is the logical name.

And yeah, just because they're on their way to New Vulcan in the game is no indication either way that it will or won't be in the movie.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

If anything, I'd think that seeing it in the game trailer makes it unlikely that it will be in the movie. For one thing, the game, like the other tie-ins, is an opportunity to complement the films by exploring places and ideas that the films don't cover. For another thing, given how intensely secretive Abrams is about the film's content, I profoundly doubt he would've let that line be included in the trailer if it gave away anything about the movie.

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm a bit disappointed by New Vulcan - from the art, screenshots and video we've seen, it looks exactly like Old Vulcan. While it makes sense Spock Prime would choose a world similar to the old, it turns Vulcan's destruction into a "squint a bit and it never happened" thing. I'd have liked a visually distinctive New Vulcan.

9. BillJ

I would've thought Delta Vega would be a front runner since it is in the Vulcan system. But I stand by my earlier conclusion that Spock Prime planted New Vulcan on Cestus III, which is why the Gorn are the villains of the game.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

But why would Spock Prime do that when he has foreknowledge that Cestus III is a Gorn planet? Or do you figure his memory is going in his old age?

11. BillJ

At 170, I'm figuring certain things are slipping. He knows he's 129 years in the past in the film yet still thinks Kirk is captain of the Enterprise even though he was still serving with Pike at that point.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

He's actually talking about the new Vulcan. They're picking up Xon, who'll be replacing Spock in the sequel. :shifty:

13. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

If this trailer tells me anything, it only confirms a suspicion I've had for the last couple of months:

Every day, in every way, Star Trek is getting more and more like Mass Effect.

14. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Is that a bad thing?

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think Spock knew the exact year until he'd begun the meld with Kirk. Just that he was in the past. He only says "129 years from now..." after his fingers are on Kirk's face, as the show and tell sequence begins.

16. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

You mean that unprincipled cad Nero didn't even tell him? Now that's true villainy! :)

17. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Indeed. I am quite horrorstruck, mind. :p

18. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Hell no.

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

From what we saw in the movie, it looks like Delta Vega had the wrong climate.

20. BillJ

The Vulcans who left were able to adjust to a different climate when settling Romulus and Remus. Plus, we don't know that all of Delta Vega was an artic climate.