Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even though I liked both Watchmen and 300 (the only 2 Snyder films I've seen), I did think he was kind of a weird choice, just because his style is so different from what we think of as Superman stories. But at the same time this could be a good thing, it could actually bring something fresh to the character... if it's done well. I think that is really the most important thing here, will it be done well, and given the pedigree of people surrounding Snyder in this production, I'm pretty sure it will be done well.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thank you.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This is an interesting one. I don't know if it relates to the movie or just the cast relaxing and playing offscreen but it appears that Cavill and Crowe have been taught to scuba dive and the scuba school which taught them has put pics on its Facebook page.

IIRC, Brandon Routh did some underwater training for the flight sequences for Superman Returns so it might make sense for Cavill to get similar training. But does this mean that Jor-El will be flying too? Remember the talk of a fight between him and Zod? Will that also be super-powered?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.276530522371127.76379.125282584162589&type=3

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This phrase pops up so often when discussing comic book movies that it's pretty much lost all meaning.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crowe has since confirmed that he has a fight scene with Michael Shannon. Routh did indeed do significant underwater training for the flight scenes. This was shown in the behind the scenes documentary for Returns.

6. Captaindemotion

^ But what I'm now wondering is will Crowe/ Jor-El and Shannon/Zod be flying during that fight? Why else would Crowe be getting the underwater training?

7. Admiral_Young

I remember reading some rumours a few months ago there was an underwater sequence in the movie...but yeah it might just be for flight training.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Doesn't it pretty much apply to everything across the board?
    A novel adaptation.
    An original screenplay

If something isn't done well, either adapted, created and then effort put into crafting the visuals and time put into proper casting then it will be crap.

Done well is an equal opportunity statement.
    Not sure why it only surfaces, or mainly, in comic-to-film discussions.

9. Admiral_Young

This line surfaces mostly about comic book film adaptations, for the very simple reason that we fans have such high expectations, and in most cases have waited a long time to see such an adaptation and want to see our favourite characters and comic books treated the right way.

10. Captaindemotion

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/michael-shannon-talks-general-zod-1

More from the locquacious Mr Shannon:

11. Admiral_Young

There is supposedly an article that originated from Comicbookmovies.com where they claim they have "lines of dialogue" from "Man of Steel" and "Avengers". I chose not to post them here.

I give props for these sites trying to pry information from Shannon...he's not going to budge though lol.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://nukethefridge.com/news/exclusive-superman-man-of-steel-photo-reveals-ship-and-new-kryptonian

More images.
    Exclusive: ‘Superman: Man of Steel’ Photo Reveals Ship And New Kryptonian!

:shrug:

14. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Resolution is too low to be hanging my hat on anything.

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Still, love the imagery of Superman out on a barren desert.

16. Admiral_Young

It amuses me outlets are still calling it "Superman: Man of Steel" lol. I can't wait until we get our first poster and the teaser trailer in a few months.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's just Man of Steel, right? I guess that's kinda like how the Batman movies have just become "The Dark Knight" movies. So what will the sequel be called?

18. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Woman of Kleenex" of course.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

:guffaw::guffaw:

I love the classics.

20. Admiral_Young

It is indeed "Man of Steel". No idea what the sequel would be called, if there is one. They could go with Superman. or Man of Tomorrow or something like that.