most violent episodes (& TV Parental Guidelines rating system)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by jefferiestubes8, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Since Enterprise was the most recent Trek on television I was just wondering how far did Brannon/Braga push it for violence on broadcast television?
    The DVDs are Rating: NR (Not Rated).
    I did not watch the series during the broadcast on UPN.

I had started another thread called TV Parental Guidelines system episodes initial run on UPN but only found out from miraclefan about some in the 3rd season.
    I would be interested from a perspective of Paramount Studios and violence on recent a television show for broadcast television.
    I'm not talking about a body count like 3000 aliens vaporized on a planet like that episode near the end of season 1 but on-screen violence.

What episodes would have been rated TV14 for the violence not the language?

2. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I don't remember any episodes of ENT being more violent than other Star Trek series. Even the infamous airlock scene does not compare to the TNG episode where Picard was tortured by the Cardasians. I think most all of the TV14 ratings of ENT were for language.

3. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Is there any Trek website that lists the episodes and their TV Parental Guidelines rating for broadcast TV?

4. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Well, Reed and Hayes kicking the crap out of one another in "Harbinger" is certainly one of the most violent moments in Trek history.

5. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

And there was a lot of gore in "Fight Or Flight".

6. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Impulse (the Vulcan Zombie episode) has some mild violence.

7. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

I recall a couple of shocking murders, and they way they were filmed and shown might have upped the rating.

"The Council," when Dolim stabs Degra.

"The Aenar," when the Romulan shoots Gareb point-blank in the throat.

8. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Archer got the piss beat out of him in nearly half the episodes of seasons 1 and 2.

9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Tucker in the agony booth? That was pretty uncomfortable to watch.

10. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Malcolm being severly beaten by the Suliban was pretty Shocking. I mean he was beaten to within an inch of his life T'Pol as wellby chemical means wanting to know where Archer had disappered to. In Shockwave part2. Hoshi being kidnapped by the reptellian xindi and that was really hard to watch her struggle to fight against them when they used that parasite to control her .i wish they'd shown how Hoshi had dealt with the aftermath of her experience.

11. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I used to think Enterprise was a bit violent, but it's all perspective. Now that I'm an SPN fan, ENT doesn't faze me at all when it comes to violence. :lol: No comparison.

12. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

hoshi being tortured by dolim and her attempt at suicide rather then giving in.

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Tough MACO soldier getting beat up (badly) by a skinny Andorian girl in her underwear!

14. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A scene that always looked hastily re-edited to me... FX budget gone, or on taste and decency reasons, maybe for dramatic emphasis on Scott's reaction.

The climax of Terra Prime, when a crewman who sympathises with the xenophobic movement commits suicide in front of Archer. Not sure the mess a phase pistol would create to the guy's head, but presumably more horrific than Valeris' close range stun of Burke and Samno in Star Trek VI.

15. Count Zero

But we didn't see that, did we? :confused:

16. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ No, you're right and there's an argument for saying we didn't need to either. But everytime I watch that episode, it feels disjointed. As if they trimmed out a second or two, maybe planned to make it an effects shot.

Nothing like the way TNG handled Conspiracy, because Star Trek went too far with that. But at least the light of a phase-pistol bolt, from the back of his head. Dunno. It always feels too quick, considering all the running around building up to his confrontation with Archer.

17. Count Zero

Ah, ok. It's been a while since I last saw it but I was pretty sure I would have remembered that. Such a thing would indeed be very messy, they should have shown some hints like blood splashes. After all, Archer was standing pretty close to the guy.

As for "Conspiracy", I only got to see the exploding head years later because that scene was cut when TNG was shown in Germany. I first saw it as an animated threadbomb somewhere and thought, "What the hell? When did this happen on TNG?"

18. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: Amazing! Yeah that was a TNG WTF moment for sure.

19. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

And butts. ;)

20. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

Damage was a little violent, but more personally so. The agony booth seemed more silly than violent, even in the original series. So far, I think on the violence scale TNG's episode with the exploding heads is probably a winner.