Aurora Class Slipstream Prototype

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BorgMan, Jul 1, 2009.

1. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

ok I was joking about those giant worms at the other end LOL -.|.- never fear .. after the three into four tear bridges became common place in the relativity class quantum ships. we went on to re-differentiate the 'pool-table' experiment into and through positive/negative/zero portals of design-flux., right?

quantum effects are 'nothing' unless they are tri-differential as such with three levels of permutations and derivations right.,? (the three tear bridge) I mean without the third level they just cancel out each other altogether .,, this is what I mean by any given three body experiments are the basic instances of thought/time/space.,///

but I must make it clear there is NOWHERE to be in the future/past/now since the holoborg and=>the cylon-borgs wars in future presents of super-space where their war was echoed into normal and subspace definitions and instances of experiential constructions in and of their potentials .,

We know that the universe as we experience it ended from a slipstream 'accident' and recovery has been difficult in any real sense of meaning and being is where and why we are moving on to the next foundational reality map such that it may be the only thing left to do., other then eat those dang giant worms at the end of said worm holes. :)

2. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

My take on the core.... It's a "standard" core but there are two crystals that can be swapped in and out of the streams at will. It's a first-generation design... the next iteration will have two streams/two crystals operating at the same time to prevent "transition lag." The vessel has to switch propulsion mode from slip-stream to warp drive then to impulse to slow down and there can be a lag as the modes change from slip to warp-drive.

The pipe-and-rings are the injector constriction segments, the main conduit behind them is a sort of master coolant/control/feedback/regulator system. The pipes carry control signals, cooling fluids (hypersonic liquid metal pumped by a magnetic field) and control signals to the injector segments.

The central ring is the reaction chamber, with the crystals housed inside along with the special system for switching crystal modes.

As stated above future designs will run both crystals at the same time to prevent a possibly fatal transition lag. Future designs are postulated to do away with the dilithium crystal entirely.

3. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Allrighty... I have worked pretty hard the last couple of days to give you this:

The Spine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This core is a combination between a normal warp core and the slipstream core seen in Hope and Fear; litteraly. As said, this is the first generation, meaning that with the switching of the crystals (detailed in a former post) the energy output changes as well, necitating in two seperate PTC's: one for regular plasma, two (above and below the original PTC) for the transport of the Benimite focused stream.

I am not sure yet how to show the plasma globe-like discharges in the core but I'll get there eventually. The entrance is 3,5 meters high, though I'm not sure yet how it translates to the deck layout once I install it (very bad: I haven't checked it just yet) so perhaps I'll have to make a risen platform in the beginning to let them allign properly. Anyway, enjoy, and please give me C&C on this one. If I'm correct, this will be the first modelled Federation slipstream core so I could use all the help I can get :)

4. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

Well.

This is a Federation design... It might not have the "plasma ball" effect. Remember the Voyager version had neon tubes and no visible plasma ball effect.

If you go the Dauntless route.. we could justify it like this: The other crystal creates an exotic particle stream that radiates off the crystal and is directed by reflectors (the walls) back to another portion of the crystal and the recaptured stream is pumped down the PTC to the nacelle(s).

5. BorgMan

Hmm yeah, but Voyager used a brute force way, so I think I'm going with the plasma globe effect. I like the idea that it comes from the core then bounces back to be collected and pushed into a stream :)

6. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

You think YOU gots problems, pal, have you seen the mess I've boxed myself into with my NX-5150?:lol:

7. BorgMan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Allright, a small step away from the core until I know a little bit better what to do with it. I've started work on the bridge, including the conference room and the captain's ready room. Due to the somewhat unique shape of the hull the last two can't be placed next to the bridge as is common with a lot of starships, so instead they are moved to the back and the front, respectively. As always, C&C is appreciated, it's been a longtime since I've designed a bridge so I might be a little rusty :)

8. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

"jessicasimpsonsmile*.jpg"? :D

9. BorgMan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the firstrenderof the bridge itself. I'm really in a hurry so this is all you'll get from me for the weekend ;)

10. BorgMan

The bridge is now filled a lot more: bulkheads have been placed, extra consoles (including XI inspired window consoles) and the helm and XO (I think) console is in place as well. Also, I broke up the shape that was the pit with a platform in which the underside of the holographic projector rests, and deepened the pit itself a bit more: makes for a much more interesting view. Ideas about how (and IF) to place wall mounted consoles would be appreciated ^_^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I forgot to close the entrance to the bridge, so that light that's coming from the outside won't bethere on the final version. Just saying ;)