Game of Thrones 3.6 - "The Climb" - Rate and discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, May 5, 2013.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

35.5%
  2. Above average

51.6%
  3. Average

12.9%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Rate and discuss (with spoilers for the episode, but not for forthcoming episodes) "The Climb", airing on the 5th May on HBO and on the 6th May on Sky Atlantic.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4yiX35ddHRU[/yt]

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

If this one ends on the Miley Cyrus track....

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

The monologue by Littlefinger was pure Game of Thrones and the fate of Ros was heartbreaking. Such sad stuff.

4. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Another good one. Tywin and grandma tyrell awesome. Littlefinger speech great. Ros fate sad. Gendry with the red woman? Not in the book was it? Interesting

5. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Above average. I was sort of expecting that Melisandre would end up coming for Gendry, seeing as how the siege of Storm's End was cut out of last season. I think this change works for the better, since Edric Storm was pretty much a non-character. Was interesting to see Melisandre and Thoros meet and talk shop. :) Surprised they killed off Ros already, but not sorry to see her go. The dinner scene with Roose Bolton was fun (I had forgotten they put Brienne in a dress :lol:.) Anyone else think he (Roose) looked a little like Daniel Craig there? Overall though, felt like lots of treading water here, especially the Sam, Bran, and Theon scenes.

6. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Sort of an average episode until the last 5 minutes... then damn. Shocking, beautiful score, beautiful direction... just awesome.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some powerful scenes, a real treat of an episode.

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Diana Rigg UST flirting with Charles Dance, while teasing him about whether he'd ever sampled bumming - I'm not tripping, so it must be this week's best scene in Game Of Thrones, when they've finally put the two biggest fucking scene stealers in a scene together...

And Thoros and Beric's back story, told by Thoros, was tear-jerking...

Now Varys and Littlefinger are having a good scene too... "chaos is a ladder."

And Joffrey's still a psycho cunt - with just one wordless but horrible scene at the end that's fucking freaking me out a bit - who deserves a really shitty end.

Lovely last shot though

9. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Bye bye, Ros. :(

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I really hope to see that little shit Joffrey get it.

11. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a little surprised to see so much sadness at Ros' death. Ros was such a non-character for me that I didn't even realize who the dead woman was until I read this thread.

12. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Sansa said it: Joffrey is a monster.

A snivelling and cowardly monster. A regular little shit.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't wait until that little prick gets his. I hope he does get it. I haven't read t he books so i don't know if it'll happen but I sure hope so.

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

What? Shown killed like *that* by someone like *him*? Does it even fucking *matter* who the character was?

(Yeah, I know this show does a lot of nasty stuff, but I know someone just like her)

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The first time I watched the show I thought she was nine different prostitutes.

But truly that is the mark of an excellent whore, no?

16. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I'm finding this season to be a real drag. I hope the pace picks up because its getting really boring at times. There are far too many plots to cover, with each character getting about 2 minutes of screen time per episode.

Joffrey has hardly been used this season. I know the fate of his character from the books but for me it's just not really going to be as dramatic unless he really gets nasty again (though the final few minutes of this episode kept his role of the most hated character in fantasy right up there).

Theon's story is as boring as hell. He's been prisoner for six episodes. Get on with it.

I wish Samwell Tarly would be killed off. Part of the problem is I don't know his story arc so I don't know how far this will drag on.

On the plus side, Diana Rigg and Charles Dance are two of my favourite actors, so to see them on screen together was great and did not disappoint.

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Diana Rigg steals a show for the second time in a week (the first being Doctor Who). Her scheme dancing with Charles Dance was absolutely fantastic and was the best scene in the episode, closely followed by Littlefinger and Varys' verbal joust of their own (and the first one of the season!).

I just wish we had actually seen Tyrion breaking the bad news to Sansa. Poor Sansa.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But it's so damn efficient! He's already diddling the help!

Neglect might suck, but it's gotta be better to be married to a gay guy, than to be married to a different straight guy who doesn't love you.

19. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well it's not too different from her marriage to Robert except instead of sleeping with other women her husband is sleeping with other men.

The biggest advantage is given how Loras has talked their home is likely to be decorated much more fabulously and her 'husband' would want her to be in the latest fashions.

20. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

It's kinda weird how so many things are left to your imagination lately. So many things are implied that might be great to be seen on screen, yet they aren't. Like I think I'd rather see Ros getting killed than any more Jon Snow romance scenes.