Christian Bale Meltdown

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Lady Eve, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^Well it does not really matter how its classed, what does matter is that Bale seems to think its acceptable to verbally reducible and demean somebody in such a fashion as well as threatening them with violence.

But in the end he only made himself to look like a rather spoilt child who has just had a tantrum.......silly sausage.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm sure he apologized to the DP later. Probably admitted he was being a total dick, too. Sometimes people just can't contain their emotions.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's appropriate to quote the quite excellent Stephen Fry here. He's speaking about Tom Cruise and eye contact, but subtitute "Christan Bale" for "Tom Cruise" and "meltdown" for "eye contact" and well, it doesn't really make any sense, but it's interesting nonetheless:

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

This was one of the top stories on Today this morning. They said that the insurance company released the tape.

5. ChickenPug!

ChickenPug! Lieutenant Red Shirt

He is a dick but I like how his accent slips in and out. I've liked his work since the "Machinist" but it no surprise that he has a big ego.

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

No, he's Patrick Bateman. And as the clip is audio only, I have this image of him in my head having a Bateman style breakdown
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tDzbKkCSqgY&feature=channel_page
    "This is crazy, you're a fool, I can't cope with this STUPID BITCHEE! UNDERSTAND!?"
    :lol:

7. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He should be humiliated. If you listen to the whole clip Bale makes a point of mentioning it wasn't the first time the guy has been wandering into a scene.

A men such p*ssies now that they can't handle a dressing down for unprofessional behavior? :rolleyes:

8. DaleC76

DaleC76 Captain Captain

Are men such p*ssies now that they have to pitch screaming tantrums like pre-teen girls when they don't get their way?

9. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

There is just no excuse for pitching that kind of fit.

Sure, take the guy aside and tell him what's what....but yelling at someone in public is just being a jerk.

And I don't care if he is stressed out because the press is always after him. That comes with the territory. It's part of the gig - and he gets paid a shitload of money to do it. So sorry - not buying that as an excuse for acting like a douchbag.

Don't like the press? Get the hell out of acting in major motion pictures.

10. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Come on! Of course people blow up on movie sets all the time! Actors are specifically hired to pull forth emotions on cue, and they do it all day long, out of continuity, and under considerable pressure. You simply can't do that and become calm and emotionless as soon as the camera goes off.

11. The Lady Eve

The Lady Eve Vice Admiral Admiral

No, it's not uncommon for blow-ups and snarliness on film and theater sets; it's generally from exhaustion and pressure. But the "kick your ass" comments and the extended tirade were way over the line.

As it turns out, the DP wasn't in the shot but was moving around checking the lights in Bale's sightline which distracted him. And perhaps Bale had told him to be still and/or stay out of his sightline when he was acting (a common request), but he could've just stopped the scene, barked at the guy for destroying his concentration and gotten on with it.

I suspect this happened on a crappy day during the shoot - sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you - and Bale just lost it. In any case, it was a very stupid thing to do. He may be known for a bad temper but so what? We all have tempers and you don't treat your crew like that.

Bale was lucky his DP was so mild and apologetic. The DPs I know would have slugged him.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  12. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope. I feel the same way. Outside of his movies, some I enjoy, some I don't, I really don't care what he does or who he is.

13. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, what you have to understand is that there are different "camps" of people out there: the worshipping fans who would eat Bale's excrement and call it sustenance for the mind and soul; the judgmental few who have already made up their minds and condemned Bale for life; and those in between.

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fat Harry over at AICN is pleading Bale's case with a ferocity that a good defense attorney might bring forth for a beaten woman who stabbed her attacker. :lol:

15. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Fat Harry is just a lazy rich boy who never worked a day in his life and thinks it's perfectly acceptable for the wealthy to rip into the help at a whim. Besides Fat Harry can't seem to stop slurping down celebrity cock like it's kielbasa.

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

You know what the difference between this and any other of the million blow-ups actors on movie sets have all the time ? Somebody caught this one on tape. That's all.

17. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Yyyyyyep.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Like I said in the other thread in Sci-Fi Fantasy. I'm starting to think this may have been an intentional link to get people thinking about the film again. We're supposed to get a new Terminator trailer in a few weeks and it was leaked by the film's insurance company.

19. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Fat Harry? Are we allowed to make fun of fat people again?

Fat chicks, man. They gross.

20. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but batman does have slightly bigger fish to fry.

Anywho, this is hysterical. Christian Bale, what would we do if your panties weren't in a bunch?