Christian Bale Loses it on Terminator set

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Master of Tarquin Hill, Feb 2, 2009.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

2. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

The names "Batman! Dance" and "American Psycho sense" are really bizarre. Neither of the movies are mentioned in the transcript. Somewhere along the line, they just swap those for "Christian Bale."

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it seems like it. :lol:

4. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

;)he had no right to act like that bale is over 2 year oid and should not act like that

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

The BBC mistakenly aired the complete & unedited unbleeped recording on their usually family-friendly Breakfast News this morning. The female presenter looked shocked at the mistake and immediately gave a grovelling apology but there will be many, many complaints I'm sure...... :lol:

6. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
  8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ And blaming the character of John Connor for it.

9. Spaceman Spiff

He doesn't say anything like that in the link.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

But he is right: so many of us have opinions on it but the truth is none of us were there.

11. Spaceman Spiff

"I was trying to show a little of that in the blood craziness" isn't quite blaming the John Connor character. ;)

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ "...I'm half John Connor, half Christian Bale..."

But truthfully its inkeeping with how the character would act.

13. Spaceman Spiff

Ah, I think even that is reading too much into it. In Red Ranger's link, there's no question that he blames no one but himself.

14. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    He's fessing up, pure and simple. He has the good sense to be embarassed about his loss of control, which was way over the top, so good for him. I sympathize with Bale, as I used to have a pretty bad temper myself, but have mellowed out. Now, I'm just waiting for the ring tone! :guffaw: -- RR

15. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow! That's pretty classic! :lol:

I fully admit that Christian was pretty over the top, and I think he did blow the whole thing out of proportion. But in all honesty there have been plenty of times in my own life when I've felt like blowing my own top over some stupid thing or other, so I can quite readily empathize with Bale all too well. The trouble is, in most people's regular everyday lives, we have to behave with a greater level of civility toward the people who piss us off. But we also have a tendency to give artists, performers and creative people a certain amount of leeway when it comes to...[*ahem*]...expressing themselves! So let's just cop to it: Many of you out there are probably secretly envious of somebody like Christian Bale for their license to just spew venom in such a free and uninhibited manner! :lol:

Hey, we all have bad days, right? And in all honesty, what kind of professional D.P. doesn't know enough not to walk into a shot when a performer's trying to put everything they've got into a performance?! "F--king amateur, man!" indeed! :evil: I mean, what the hell are we all getting so judgmental about, anyway?! Don't we have anything better to chat about than going on about some actor loudly chewing out some dumbass D.P.?? In all honesty, aren't there at least a hundred other things out there that are worth our attention??

Oh...yeah, that's right. I almost forgot where I was for a moment... :guffaw:

16. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I don't think the DP walked into the shot, he was walking through Bale's eye line.

Not that he should necessarily be doing that, either, if he's been told not to, but there is a certain distinction. One really is amateur, the other is just respecting an actor's request.

I've known and worked with plenty of actors who couldn't care less what was going on around them, they could just tune in and get it done. One's not better than the other, mind you, just different preferences amongst artists.

17. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.kroq.com/

In case there isn't a link to the audio anywhere else, it's there on the radio stations home page. It's about 10 minutes long.

18. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, Sarah Connor doesn't die of cancer? Are they retconning T3?

I expect actors to be jackasses. If this didn't happen, we'd be bored or worried.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Only aspects of T3 are being honored, not the entire film according to the writers.

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

In this case I think Bale is referring to Sarah Connor in the past tense. Her being in a Mental Hospital in T2. Notice he does not actual have a scene with her. But drawing on that detail to influence his performance.