Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excellent.

2. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey Teacake, long time no post. Just rechecking in for the year.

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Hi there!

I am new to the forum. Although I have seen most Star Trek series, I tend to only rewatch Voyager and it is the only series I am actively writing fanfiction for.

I'm a hardcore Janeway/Chakotay shipper! =)

Although I've grown to like Seven, I prefer the first 3 seasons of Voyager best and think Chakotay and Seven being together romantically is just...wrong...no offense to those who liked it.

I enjoyed the way they ended the series in novel form with "The Eternal Tide", which finally shows Chakotay and Janeway getting together at the end. If only they did it on the show...but that is what fanfiction is for. XD

Anywho, I am looking forward to posting on this forum with fellow Voyager fans! <3

4. balticballet

balticballet Ensign Newbie

G'day :D

From Australia.

My fave Trek is Next Gen but don't mind Voyager and Original series

5. teacake

Hello new people!!

Coffee?

6. Captain Kathryn

Always! :)

I watched a really funny video last night of a fanexpo that Kate Mulgrew did last year where she just did Q&A for an hour and she was really funny! I am trying to save money so I can go to the trek convention in Las Vegas in August and saw she is one of the guests. Hope I get to see her live. She really is very hilarious and charming.

7. MrsStepford

MrsStepford Ensign Newbie

Hey everyone or anyone - I am new to Trek. I've only seen a few seasons of both Next Gen, Voyager (basically a few of the pre-Seven-of-Nine episodes and more of the post S-O-N episodes) and a couple of Deep Space. Sorry if I'm not hip to the proper "lingo". I don't really know anyone one who watches Trek and really long for someone to discuss it with.

After some consideration I have come to the conclusion that my fav is probably Voyager. I particularly like the strong female characters in this series. My favorite being S-O-N. No - not because she is so outwardly beautiful (gosh I wish I looked like that!) but because she is a complex and interesting character. From the little I have managed to pick up via the net Voyager is sometimes seen as the lesser of all the Treks. I can't speak to this as I have seen none of the OS or Enterprise. From what I have seen so far, I must say that DSN is the worst (mind you - I haven't got to any eps with Worf - which I look forward to). Anyhoo enough about me. I look forward to discussing Voyager with anyone who wants to! :)

8. teacake

Only by people who are wrong.

Welcome to the forum!

7 is indeed an awesome character :D

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy the rest of Voyager! :bolian:

10. Captain Kathryn

MrsStepford....I'm just curious, any reason you decided not to watch it in order? Just wondering! And welcome! I'm somewhat new too. Got into trek within the past year. What are your favorite episodes so far?

11. wolf123450

wolf123450 Ensign Newbie

Hi, I guess I'm new here. I've been watching Voyager and I've gotten halfway through the 4th season. I saw s04 e04 "nemesis" and had to talk to someone about it.

12. teacake

WELCOME!!

Go ahead and start a thread, we love new threads. Season 4 is great stuff :)

13. The Johnson

The Johnson Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

New poster here.

Just been re-watching Voyager and I'm up to 'memorial', so I'm nearly through. For some reason I decided to have a bit of a google about it and ended up on here. Thought I might as well sign up and join in with some of the chat.

Hello anyway.

14. teacake

Hello. Interesting user name. Lebowski reference?

15. The Johnson

The Johnson Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

"The Johnson" is a character from 'Peep Show'.

Thought i'd go for something non trek based and for some reason it was the first thing that popped into my head.

I've just realised it means something in the USA that it doesn't in the UK, didn't even think of that. It's not meant to mean that though.

16. teacake

I always thought that it had that meaning in Lebowski land exclusively but what do I know..

17. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome, The Johnson; hope you're enjoying Voyager. :D

Maude Lebowski: Yes, they don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his **** or his *** or his Johnson.

18. teacake

And then there's the bath scene.

19. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Poor marmot; I hate that.

20. teacake

Did it die? I can't remember. Oh wait, it was just thrashing about next to the precious.