TNG moments that made you want to cry(or did)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Bones_McCoy21, Jan 31, 2012.

1. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, it did have that effect on me. Felt nauseous for a couple of days. It came out of nowhere unexpectedly, and I felt horrible at the prospect that they were being sentenced to go back to that terror for the good of the other parallel universes. Wasn't exactly a fair deal for them, and their failed attempt at resisting was like watching someone scream in terror at the prospect of being tortured, like in some horror movies. Their quick death was only mildly satisfactory.

2. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

When Scotty walks on to the holodeck version of the (true) 1st Enterprise. Not a fan of the NX-01 retcon as the 1st. His line here's to you lads gets me every time. The follow up exchange between him and Picard is brilliant also.
    Here is a link to that scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Rv2wZrj-0

3. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

"Brought a tear to me eye"

4. gomtuu20

gomtuu20 Commander Red Shirt

The moment in "The Wounded" when the captain realizes he lost after singing with O'brien.
    The realization by the Romulan defector that he was set up. In that episode, when he tells Picard how he looks in his daughter's eyes and realizes he must change the world for her.

5. lewisniven

lewisniven Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This is one episode I tend to leave on the shelf, not because its bad, quite the opposite, its incredible television, but it is heavy going. Its like schindlers list or something, not really 'tuesday afternoon veiwing', if you catch my drift.

I dunno, just something about it, its a very powerful 2 parter.

6. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Definitely, I would go with "Family" when Picard finally breaks down (as far as the series goes) about what the Borg did to him.

And the same for "Chain of Command" and the five lights dialogue at the end of the episode. I am a huge fan of Picard so I have invested a lot of emotion into the character.

7. Lt. LaForge

Lt. LaForge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Admiral Jarok. The fact that Picard didn't deliver the letter when he had a chance on Romulus makes me feel even worse.

8. Cakemixo

Cakemixo Lieutenant Red Shirt

When Lal said to Data. "Thank you for my life."

9. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

All great episodes mentioned in here. Just makes me want to watch the remastered seasons even more!

10. davisn456

davisn456 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

In "Inheritance", when Data reactivates his mother in sickbay and has to make up the story about her breaking her arm. When he realizes that he can never truly connect with her being a fellow android.

I have to say though, I can think of a lot more moments in DS9 than I can in TNG.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Another good moment is when Data "as her son" dresses down the woman who killed the Crystalline Entity in her son's honor.

12. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

One I'd forgotten about:

In "All Good Things," Crusher, Data and LaForge all doubt that Picard is really changing time periods, but Crusher says, "He's Jean-Luc Picard, and if he wants to go on one more mission, that's what we're going to do." :weep:

Oh, no, I just finished my TNG rewatch! Now what am I going to do?!

13. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

Finishing the HD sampler nearly brought a tear to my eye...

^Wait for the blu ray release of S1... and start in on DS9 :)

14. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And when she says she feels love for him & he can't share in it with her, she says she'll feel it for both of them. Easily the most touching moment on the show for me

15. Tora Ziyal

Actually, I did my DS9 watch/rewatch first. :)

16. CaptainMatt

A classic moment for ST:TNG. The finale was every bit the adventure it was intended to be and the heartfelt moments were just super. :techman:

17. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was no such assurance for the audience during the first run. Starting with killing Tasha in late/mid Season 1, writing Crusher out for Season 2, writing Pulaski out and bringing Crusher back for Season 3, and then leaving JLP's future up in the air between the end of 3 and 4 over Stewart's contract, there was no feeling of certainty in regards to anyone's fate. When it first aired, I thought they really had killed him off. So Beverly breaking the news to Alexander, and the way Gates delivered it, was very moving.

18. CaptainMatt

have to admit, I don't really recall that much about Ethics. Except they paralysed Worf and that visting doctor risked a medical prodcedure to make him walk again.

19. Tora Ziyal

^ It's a wonderful episode, worth your watching again.

20. CaptainMatt

Thanks, friend, I will have to do that.