Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

What a terrific job the writers of this show are doing. Multiple stories being interwoven, cast members all having something to do, new ideas being dropped in every week, simply excellent.
    Officer Lance had a couple great scenes this week and there was enough action to keep me happy as well. I wish the majority of my monthly comics were as well developed as this show.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I have no idea what they are doing with Green Arrow in the comics now but I would imagine this is superior. In fact it might be one of the best versions of Green Arrow. It will certainly help define the character in all media now on.

This is the first time flashbacks on the island were directly connect to present day events. I wonder how long this will continue. Sarah asked what happened to SLade. Oliver did not answer. I suspect they are saving that revelation until later. Maybe even this season.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Love that this show manages to cram so much in to one hour. Could have sworn when Ollie got shot that was a cliffhanger ending to the episode, then I hit "info" on the DVR and see that only 33 minutes had passed, lol.

Just realized the actress playing Sin is the same one that played the streetwise runaway from season 3 of The Killing. At least she didn't have to grow her hair out much.

Seems like they are introducing several different seeds for super powers on the show. The misshapen skeletons, the particle accelerator, Whatever Blood is working on.

Did I detect a bit of envy in the way Felicity interrupted Laurel and Ollie's talk at the party?

Anybody else notice that Sarah was wearing the same hat as the one from the photo from last season's episode where they thought she might be alive?

It's a shame, Sarah looks more like how I imagine Black Canary than Laurel, based on just the face. Laurel just looks too pouty.

Loved them borrowing each other's weapons in the fight.

Looks like Digg has a new prospect.

Great episode all round.

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

It's kind of ridiculous just how good this show is. THE best comics show I've ever seen, absolutely.

Hopefully Sarah continues to play a major role in the show - honestly while I like Laurel well enough, I don't need to see her become Canary or anything. I love how they didn't play around with hinting or teasing her identity - they went straight for it, and it really worked IMO. Looking forward to more of her backstory with Ollie. Mildly surprised they so quickly revealed Blood's true nature, but glad for it really.

Is this the first episode that didn't have Mama Queen in it at all?

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Barry Allen is on the fricking horizon. :D

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I love that they haven't been trying to stretch things out. Great episode all around, although you can put me in the minority in that I am not all that crazy about Caity Lotz as Black Canary.

7. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, great episode. I think many of us were wondering how they were going to fill out the island storyline for all five years, well now there's going to be a lot of stuff with Sarah.

I liked how he still told Felicity and Digg that the last time he saw her was on the Gambit. There's some big secret that he's still holding onto.

Loved them using each other's weapons, and Brother Blood at th end was cool. I like the subtle hints to the particle accelerator as well. Is Flash supposed to come into it before or after Christmas?

8. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it, but just how many people could you get stranded on an island and come back years later as an extremely skilled martial artist or archer? I mean, I would love to get stranded on a tropical island somewhere for that reason. Since there was no indication that Laurel was going to be the Black Canary from the beginning, yes, it makes sense to have another character play it. But come on, her own sister, who was presumed dead like Ollie all those years?

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I dont know how long she will be on the boat with Ollie. She has to die in a way that Ollie sees and then go get trained by the league. That should take a few years at least.
    Right now I really cant and dont want to see Laural taking her place as Canary either.
    So this means the whole Lance family is alive and well...someone has to die.

10. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd guess Detective Lance, probably just after he discovers that Ollie is Arrow.

11. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

The episode was good, but could've been better if two things had happened:
    1) The pacing was better. It felt like we needed to get way more information in it - especially in the flashbacks - than we did, and things consequently felt 'off'
    2) The President of The CW Network hadn't moronically given away the 'Sarah Lance is Black Canary' secret months ago

I'm not really buying Summer Glau as Ms. Rochev right now, which is disappointing because Summer's a fantastic actress.

The Brother Blood thing was also kind of obvious, but they still managed to make it work, and we'll see where it goes.

12. sojourner

Yes, she's great at playing emotionally devoid characters.;)

13. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The last episode is pretty good, but Glau's character is horrible. I hate her type of character anyway, the person brought in just to annoy the hero, cause trouble and just generally be an a-hole. While I think Glau is a good actress, the character is nothing but annoying and I kind of hope she goes away very violently before too long. I also didn't like seeing more of the punk women who is stupidly called Sin, so maybe Glau's character and her can end up killing each other. Maybe have them fight and fall over a waterfall. Or just have them get hit my cars. If I only get one death, I want Glau's character, but I won't be sorry whenever Sin goes away (I doubt she becomes a main cast member).

14. sojourner

Kirk55555, if they hadn't called the character Sin, would you still hate her? If not, I think there is a flaw in your logic. Of course, this is similar territory for you in other threads. Resistance to change.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

If they hadn't called her Sin, she would still be annoying. Honestly, I don't care if she dies, she's not that bad. I just don't want her on my TV. Arrow actually usually does well when it comes to changes, they just happened to have an idiotic character with a completely inappropriate name.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I thought I read somewhere that this Black Canary we're seeing now will lead Laurel to taking on the part. Guess time will tell.

17. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Great episode. Even the filler parts of the episodes are really good.
    So I guess we have met the big bad of this season, right?

I am not too familiar with Brother Blood. When I saw the mask I thought he was Scarecrow at first.

Can anyone explain?

18. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Might of been wikipedia (or the place where who ever updated the wiki entry read about it.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Inappropriate in what way? A street kid takes the name "Sin"? Shocking!!!!!!

20. sojourner

How is she annoying? It's not like she's had a lot of screen time to be annoying, or done anything to the established characters. Is it how she led Roy on a chase? Did her running annoy you? :lol: