What is Clark's "Secret"?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean I think Clark is too dull and thick to know what his actual secret is, since when I cottoned onto the sum total of the massive secret he was hiding as he understood it is that "he is an alien with super powers" I really had to wonder how galactically stupid the lad is?

Totally in the vein of Pushing Daises, he MURDERED LANA'S PARENTS!!!!

For the first 6 seasons, he would have to not tell Lana that he'd killed her parents or she'd stop kissing him and inviting him inbetween her legs to make babies... ARRGH! That is some massive confliction dealing with the twofacedness that this girl would only "love" him as long as he persisted in a lie.

More so you have to ask if the first "Meteor" strike wasn't part of some asteroid shield to protect his ship from the interstellar voyage which seemed to be immediate since Kryptonians totally use subspace and can use energy fields to create shields as well as build ships tough enough to take the worst licking space travel has to offer... That there's no way a mass that size could have been accidentally dragged through an other dimensional subspace to Earth.

His father blighted the earth with mentally deranged demigods. I mean it seems that only crazy people have the mental drive to outwardly manifest meteor powers reflective of their inner turmoil, because lets face it sane people with these powers would just be competition for Clark's eventual manifest destiny. All this time he was supposed to have been making alliance and gathering footsoldiers but he never got so far into his training at the fortress to understand the legacy left to him.

The meteors were effective threefold, first the initial devastation would hide the ship and allow it to land with out notice, and second the thousands of meteor Freaks popping up all over the world at exactly the same time puberty is developing Clarks Super powers was another camouflage effect planned out by Jor-El to hide his son inbetween a huge newly emerging population of Super humans... And third, and this is for the future, if Clark is really meant to take over the world, that is one hell of an Army that Jor-El built for him.

Here's where it gets confusing. The Kents were chosen and vetted to rise Clark, but still their finding the babe of steel seemed to be an accident and amazingly complicated luck. There's no way that could have happened unless there was a Kryptonian agent left behind after the portals closed who arranged events to play out just so or someone had mesmerised/programmed Martha and Jonathan into rendezvousing with the crashed space craft and waiting infant.

So really, the ship wasn't needed. And neither were the Meteors to hide the ship or the last son of Krypton's emerging abilities that would mark his as freakish and alone. All those Smallvillians had to die including Lana's Parents so that Clark could coast under the radar before he was ready to get things sorted. It's all dog wagging rather than the complications of mass transit.

And this is without mentioning the three elements or Veritas.

I might be over thinking this, but I seriously wonder if the writers on Smallville thunk at all about the implications about what a secret worth keeping all that time actually was... If the truth as I just said it were to become common knowledge Clark would end up owing the citizens and township of Smallville billions and Billions of dollars for an atrocious and unnecessary act of vandalism and terrorism...

And why he never took credit for balding Luthor at the climax of last seaosn I will never know. Thy were both about to die, it was about the right time to finally give in to spite.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  2. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

Why would he owe for a crime committed by his father?

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I don't see how any "blame" can be placed on Clark for the death of Lana's parents (and anyone else lost in the meteor shower.)

I mean, it was all collateral damage from a natural event. That Clark happened to be IN the meteor shower doesn't, and shouldn't, make a difference. At if Lana's parents had been minutes later or earlier arriving at their destination in DT Smallville they'd still be alive.

It was just a shitty roll of the dice and Clark shouldn't mope around about like he personally dropped the meteor on her parents' heads.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You father buys/builds you a car. On your first trip out, he tells you to go buy him cigarettes and you crash into the drugstore killing everyone therein because he cut the brake line and put TNT in the trunk.

Accidental or Intentional, Clark was an important factor in deciding who lived and died that day in the same way you could argue the manned missions to the moon were piloted by astronauts or flung there by engineers.

Maybe Clark doesn't deserve the lion's share of the guilt, but he hasn't been asked to carry a mote by the tptb who control the story and plot of this program.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Clark was a baby. He couldn't possibly be more innocent.

6. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

Heh...and I always thought the secret was that he was an alien and not just a meteor freak like everyone else. :lol:

7. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

What is Clark's secret?
    That he's had the misfortune to be on a series about him becoming Superman far too long without becoming Superman.

9. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Suuuuure, babies are CUTE...but make no mistake! They are here to replace you!

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

And you're Captain Obvious!

;)

11. Brian

Wasn't the meteor shower a natural event, which Jor-El used to hide Kal-El's approach? Jor-El didn't create it.

12. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

All the repetitive "you're keeping something from me, Clark" nonsense from Lex and Lana throughout the series is pathetic. Let's just say that Clark had a threesome with two hookers and did some blow before meeting you for dinner. Because he didn't immediately come out and tell you about it, that makes him deceptive and non-trustworthy?

14. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

In my book, that would make him a "with it" kind of guy. :techman:

15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The meteors presumably came from the destruction of Krypton, and only bombarded Earth because they went through the same space warp as Kal-El's ship...so Jor-El is responsible, in that he sent Clark to Earth via that space warp...and it's reasonable for Clark to feel some guilt by association...but by any rational, objective standard, Clark couldn't possibly be held to blame for that, since he was an innocent child.

16. Brian

Did Jor-El also send the graduation day meteors?

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It's called survivor's guilt. While not to blame for causing their deaths, he still feels guilty over being involved in their death.

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

But he's in no way involved other than being *in* the meteor shower.

As I said up thread, a moment or two one direction or the other and Lana's parents would've lived. It was just dumb luck and happenstance that they died in the meteor shower.

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ya know, I really the whole "secret" thing. Every time someone (i.e. Chloe) says "So and so knows your secret!" or "You told so and so your secret!" My ears bleed.

Couldn't they have come up with something a little more original and a little less awkward?

20. Brian

Yeah, they should have a code word or something. "So and so knows your salami!"

;)