Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Darn it, why didn't they send a newsletter saying the series was starting again.

What's the point of signing up to the site if they don't let you know when a new series is starting.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Weird, I get an e-mail from them like once a week.

3. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Oh yes, but the other are very pretty as well. The Challengers big pluses are, looks, sound and coupe with enough space for five people. The minus are reliability, mileage, handling and a boring interior. I'll probably buy one if I have a lot of money to spare some time, but not before I buy a new Camaro SS, current Mustang GT and a 68 Charger R/T.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I thought it was fun last night, tweaking the Aventime and Mark Wahlberg were both a laugh too.

5. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I though Mika Hakkinen was great - he has a nice, dry sense of humour.

And as for the V8 food blender....blimey....

:D

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

:lol:I wouldn't have had a drink of the stuff that came out of it.

7. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Good God, no. Sod that for a lark!

8. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

That blender was INCREDIBLE. It blended a BRICK!!!!

Mark Wahlberg took me right by surprise. He's a bit big for Top Gear... good job Johnathan Ross is off the air we get the leftover bookings :D

9. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I felt last nights show did not gel together quite right loved James May in Finland and when they drank that crap that made me laugh.
    But mark seemed like he did not know much about the show.
    And notice some poor editing during the challenge though did laugh when James hit his finger and walked way so he could swear and when Clarkson nearly set the car on fire.:lol:

10. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Very amusing when they reminded us that had happened to the first Stig. How many Stigs are they up to now? 3? What's with Hammond's and May's jackets? Are they trying out for Life on Mars, or something? Still enjoyed the show. :lol:

11. Serial thread killer

Love James going round the track but found the race to be a bit boring.
    And as for the sitrpc i just don't bother listing to that these days.

12. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

I have to say I left the room for Celebrity in a Reasonably Priced Car also - though that's probably more because I don't care for Harry Enfield!

I really enjoyed the race though. Those low-key races and challenges are my favourite.

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Officially ? Only two actual Stigs, not counting his various foreign cousins like American Stig (who is fat) and African Stig.

14. HappyDayRiot

I would go so far as to say that was the best Gear in years. I loved that race! And the Veyron! And the Zonda! Truly brilliant. Enfield is just weird these days, but he was only a slight blemish on a perfect episode.

15. Serial thread killer

Love the boat race this week did not like the bus race all that much.
    Poor James he looked like he might have gotten a case of blue balls from the boat.

16. Hitman

Hitman Vice Admiral Admiral

I've sailed in choppy seas on a motorboat and I certainly can sympathise with May.

17. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Portofino in a Ferrari Daytona with Richard Hammond. Nice installment. :techman:

18. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

What balls? I think they were crushed into powder after that ride. I'm sure there were some liberties taken to make the water look choppier than it actually was, but even at half the speed on choppy water like what they showed is painful if you're not used to it.

I'm really enjoying this season. They seem to have gotten their groove back after starting off S11 quite poorly (by Top Gear standards).

19. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I took the last five minutes out of that show to have a disagreement with my ex, I missed the end of the challenge and that powerlap :( After all the talk of Volkwagen banning them from having a Veyron to take around too.

Not the best season, a little better than the last. The team challenges are a bit lacking, why do only two of them head off so often when it's all three of them bitching about each other that's the most amusing?

20. HappyDayRiot

^ Often it's down to other filming commitments, as was highlighted two weeks ago when none other than Captain Slow did the opening Really Fast Supercar Segment.