Using Comixology on an Android device

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Procutus, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping there's a simple answer to this (like I'm an idiot and I'm simply doing something wrong). After we got my wife's Sony S-Tab up and running, I logged onto my Comixology account and tried to read my most recent purchases. About three pages in, it locked up, went to a blank screen with a Start button in the center, which when pushed, took me back to my account with the listing of titles. I started again, got a bit further, then the same thing happened again.

Is the mistake trying to read them off the Web-based storage the way I do with my laptop? Do I need a specific app, or is the Sony just being glitchy?

It's not a huge issue, I can still use my laptop, but was curious if anyone more techy than I has a solution.

Thanks in advance!

:bolian:

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Not to be rude, but isn't this what you pay Comixology for? If you are having problems using your subscription on a device they support, you should contact them about it.

I don't use Comixology, though it's possible others here do and might be able to help. I just think you might be better off contacting Comixology for assistance on something like this.

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Sound advice. I'll give that a shot.

:bolian:

4. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are you using the Comixology app or trying to read them from the web browser?

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I tried to download the Google app, but it never went into my account showing the issues I've bought. When I try to read it through the web browser, I get about four pages in, then it displays the blank screen with the 'play' button that just takes me back to my account listing.

I think I'm just going to forego using her S-Tab and just read them on my laptop. Works much better that way.

:techman:

6. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Once you've downloaded the app you still have to download the issues onto your tablet. It's not like the browser version where you're streaming the issue from the comixology site.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

That's probably what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot.