All-Franchise montage?!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Gaith, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

So I went over to the youtubes yesterday, looking for a cool, classy, high-quality video paying tribute to the whole of the Trek franchise - all six series and eleven movies. To my mind, the ideal video would be set to Goldsmith's First Contact end credits theme, with big, iconic moments and visuals at the start and finish and some defining quotes and character beats playing over the quieter middle portion. (And before anyone suggests I do it myself, I'd love to, but don't know how or have the right software to make the necessary crops to have the whole thing be 16x9.)

Anyway, I did some searching, but not only did I not find anything good, I barely found any efforts to do something like this at all. Is this a result of copyright/youtube blocking previous efforts? Does anyone know of any quality all-franchise tribute vids on youtube or anywhere else? :)

2. Paradon

Paradon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think ST franchise is getting really old...that's why. But people still watch it in the private of their own home.

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

The fact that it's really old is why an all-franchise montage would be so awesome. :)

4. TheDolphin

TheDolphin Ensign Red Shirt

5. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlMlIh3ltNk&feature=related[/yt]

6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, I'm not much into these kinds of videos, but I think the bit at about 1:29 was fantastic. An Earth ship, a Vulcan ship, and an Andorian ship all go to warp, and their warp flashes become three of the larger stars on the symbol of the Federation. I was about to turn the video off when I saw that! That is remarkable!

7. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

That video was beautiful, thanks for sharing :)

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

That has always been my my favorite.

9. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah that video is a little boring, its just the castmembers one by one.