ST TNG Season 2 Blu-ray availability

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Smitty, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Smitty

Smitty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I see that Amazon will not have it until Dec 9 and other sites do not list availability until the 12th or 13th. Was it delayed or something? I ordered mine on Dec 1 from Amazon and they say it will not arrive until the 12th :wtf:

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Bought mine at Best Buy on the 4th. :techman:

3. Reeborg

Reeborg Commander Red Shirt

You will directly get the replacement edition with corrected visuals. :rofl:

4. Smitty

I am not sure what that means? Is there a problem with the set already?

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^ I suggest you check out the official Season 2 thread for all the details. Suffice it to say that the company CBS farmed the work out to wasn't quite up to the job.

6. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

None of the Best Buys in my area had it in stock on Tuesday. Also could not find it at two Walmarts and a Target.

It showed up as available at the Best Buy stores today (Thursday.)

But of course I went and ordered it on Best Buy's website on Tuesday. It shipped today; original arrival date was given as Dec. 13-18.

Didn't use Amazon because it was marked then as not even shipping for 9-12 days.

The availability of this set just sucks. I wonder why.

7. Smitty

An update... I checked online with Best Buy and it indicated that the Best Buy nearest my house on the way home had it in stock. I stopped there tonight and they had several so I bought it. Price was same as Amazon's. I canceled the order I had at Amazon. I also noticed that they had the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy on Blu-ray for cheaper than Amazon ($55). Maybe Best Buy is getting a clue on how to beat Amazon.

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Odd. My Amazon copy shipped on the 5th.

9. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Wasn't even in my Target's system when somebody checked yesterday, and a visit to a larger Target confirmed (along with a target.com search) that they're not carrying it yet.

...and I had a coupon that would have been just perfect, too!

10. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes, Best Buy finally got them in in Buffalo, but only after I finally relented and ordered from Amazon (and too late to cancel) Capt. Harriman is shipping the set; won't be in until Tuesday.

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I wouldn't count on that. The BB & WalMarts near me had no Doctor Who S7.1 blu-rays sets.

WalMart had the DVD's & BB was out of what I can only assume was the one or two sets they got in.

I haven't even bothered to look there for TNG S2 blu-rays. I always end up leaving the store pissed off that they can't be bothered to stock this kind of thing.

And I never buy something else when that happens. I almost always did when they had what I initially went in there for.

No, I think BB is destined for the scrap heap of retail has-beens.