Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Aatrek, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Got the list from here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Star-Trek-Generation-Unification-Season-5/18868

It's also listed here: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11947

I too thought it was odd. Perhaps they did, in fact, mean Romulans. It wouldn't be the first time that a VAM detail got reported incorrectly. Then again, the S5 TNG composers piece has Ron Jones in it and he was fired at the end of S4 and contributed nothing to S5. It probably would have made more sense to include that in the S3 or S4 set, but that was probably due to scheduling the interviews.

2. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In Conversation: The Klingons (HD)
    What He Left Behind: The Roddenberry Legacy (HD)

These are both totally wrong.

Not sure where you got your audio commentary list from, but that is also incomplete.

3. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Hmm. Well, my audio commentary list is necessarily incomplete because I'm only going by what was mentioned in tweets by Morgan Gendel and Robert Meyer Burnett. It wasn't meant to be comprehensive. But I'm glad to hear there are more that haven't been revealed! Very, very glad! As for the docs you say are completely wrong, both tvshowsondvd.com and blu-ray.com claim they got the info straight from CBS in their respective articles.

That said, I certainly trust the info you have in your possession more than either of those two sites. Someone must be feeding them outdated info. In any case, looking forward to your complete bonus feature breakdown! I was expecting CBS to let you run the full press release about two weeks ago. I guess they weren't quite ready to share that as early as last time. :)

4. FrontierTrek

Yes, both sites reported bad information which is why you didn't see it listed on TrekCore ;)

There has been no official press release soon, probably in part because they were finalizing things for "Unification" right up until the last minute!

5. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Say, why so slow with the screencap updates? I needs me some new desktops!

6. FrontierTrek

Slow? We're averaging two a week! And running the SD/HD comp videos in parallel... that's a lot of work :cardie:

7. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I keed. But I demand instant results from my free service!

8. FrontierTrek

We're actually fully capped up to Season 5, but the videos take longer :)

9. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

Soooooo....did they fix the phaser shot in Darmok or not? :confused:

10. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

We'll know when Season 5 becomes available. He said "we're capped up TO Season 5," not "THROUGH Season 5".

11. FrontierTrek

Right.

Although I think it's safe to say that it no longer comes from a torpedo launcher ;-)

12. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

But I like that shot. :)

13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

14. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

I wasn't asking Frontier Trek, otherwise I would've quoted him or named him :p

I just keep forgetting to check this thread and when I come back there's pages and pages worth of info to sift though, so thought I'd just be blunt and cut to the chase :p

But...the wait goes on :p

When it comes to phaser errors, I've noticed CBS has been going back and adding the charging "pulse" that runs around the phaser strip before firing back into episodes where that particular FX team forgot or didn't realise they had to put it in.

Yesterday's Enterprise was a good example of this.

So in that regard, yes....I have every faith the phaser strip will be used this time :p

15. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I wonder if they'll use the same shot. There isn't a lot of phaser strip in view on the original shot.

16. FrontierTrek

Sadly not.

17. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Was it replaced with CGI? Odd, since there is a phaser strip on the lower part of the ship.

18. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

The Tamarian ship is "above" the Enterprise, which requires the beam to travel at an upward angle - the lower saucer phaser strip could only shoot to a max inclination of 0-degrees (straight ahead) before carving into the saucer itself.

19. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Ahhh, I understand. It has been years since I've seen the episode, so I couldn't remember what was happening in that section. So I suspect they've changed it to a shot coming from the topside of the saucer?

Hopefully the replacement looks good.

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

It would be nice if they used a different angle of one of the model shots as opposed to replacing it with CGI.