NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Marty Hurney has been relieved of his GM duties in Carolina; Rumors are that Rivera may be on his way out, too.

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was a truly pathetic display from the Lions. If that were my franchise Schwartz would be cleaning out his desk tomorrow morning.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

It appears Sean Lee is about to have season ending surgery. Well that's just great.

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Timby, the subject of Suh's sack of Cutler Monday night still seems to have some legs. What are your thoughts on the play itself? Was it another dirty play by Suh, or was it legitimate?

6. Timby

I've watched it probably twenty times, and I think it's a clean play. Cutler was trying to throw the ball away up until the leg sweep anyway, and if quarterbacks don't want to get ragdolled, then surrender to it when a guy like Suh is coming at you. Suh also checked on Cutler to make sure he was all right.

Don't get me wrong, Suh's a dirty player, but that was a clean hit.

7. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

It does? Most of the complaints I've seen about it are from butthurt Bears fanboys who would have screamed bloody murder if Suh had breathed on Cutler wrong.

Oh, and Brandon Marshall.

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

As of yesterday people were still discussing it on bulletin boards and radio talk shows (local and national) and so on. So yeah.... it did have legs, at least as of the time I made my post. ;)

9. Timby

Yeah, but talk radio is like ... A donkey with a drum set.

10. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Commander Red Shirt

The Pats almost gave me a heart attack last week I hope they are better this week.

11. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

^Yeah this whole dominate for 3.5 quarters and poop the bed the last 6 minutes bit is getting old quick.

They finally have a pass rush, the LBs are pretty solid, but they can never put a decent secondary out there. They go through player after player out there, and still can't stop a 3rd down and give up 400 yards a game.

Not sure why the offense isn't clicking. A few weeks back, they were the Oregon of the NFL with their super fast no huddle O, but now they just look pedestrian.

12. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Question for our British contingent here - does anyone care that they are playing an NFL game in London tomorrow?

They play it up big here and every year try to convince the average fan that football is this close to going global, which seems like a crock.

You guys got soccer and rugby and cricket and all that, is this game even a blip on your radar?

13. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I'm not seeing the global takeoff. They already have a game they like, with 90 minutes less of commercials

14. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I'm obviously not from England, in fact almost as from from it as you can possibly get in the US, but from my understanding these Wembley games sell out every single time. There are plenty of NFL fans in England.

As far as a blip on the radar, that's to be debated. But there's at least enough to fill their largest stadium.

15. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My concern about the league spreading to Europe would be the travel. That is a long flight from the US to Europe. If they just add one team over there, it may not be a huge deal (though it would royally suck for the home team who has to travel to the US 8 times a season), but if more teams start popping up and teams end up having to make multiple trips over there each season, there will be a lot of unhappy players and owners.

16. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Bears 23 - Panthers 22. Whew that was close.

The offense sucked in the first 3 quarters, but OK on the last 2 drives.

Throw in a another pick-6 & we get a close win against a team we always seem to have trouble with.

17. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

If there is a market for a team anywhere, it's most likely Germany.

18. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So how about them Broncos? I was expecting a high-scoring shootout.... definitely did not expect the defense to step up for the second game in a row, especially against Brees. Between the offense and defense finally coming together and the melted butter-soft schedule coming up, Denver is sitting very pretty right now. Go Broncos!

As for the London games... have we ever sent them a good game? It seems like the only games they get are ugly blowouts or a pissing match between two bad teams.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I eagerly await a 1-15 season from The Chiefs.

20. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I'm a big fan of them right now. I'm debating going up to Denver for a game sometime this season, only problem is I can't get any of my friends to go and I don't know anyone in Denver. I bet it'd be a blast, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.