Facebook Campaign for a New TNG Movie

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Rhythmicons, May 23, 2010.

1. Rhythmicons

Rhythmicons Cadet Newbie

Friends,
    This is my first post. I love TNG. I have ben inspired by the internet movement of fans that demanded Betty White host SNL and was sucessful.

So, I figured, how about I start a facebook group demanding that the Cast of TNG make a new movie. With the reboot of the franchise with the modern incarnation, Our favorite crew might never get a chance for a proper farewell on the big screen.

So how about we launch this campaign and maybe Picard and Friends will go on one more Mission.

I know its a long shot, but it never hurts to try, and they aren't getting any younger.

How about it?

Make Another Star Trek TNG Movie:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126188724074055

Join today and help spread the word.

MAKE IT SO!

2. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

Let me be the first jerk to say no thanks.

3. Cornholio

Cornholio Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

umm, I'll have to pass on this one too. TPTB had their chance with TNG movies and it didn't work out too well.

I'd be ok with the TNG cast making another appearance on Family Guy though.

4. Rek

Rek Commander Red Shirt

Sorry but I will add another no.

The family guy ep with the TNG cast was f-ing awesome, though. You should make one for that.

5. Cornholio

oh yeah, and umm, one other thing:

welcome to the board Rhythmicons!

have some nachos...

[​IMG]

6. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why do people these days make a petition for everything, naively thinking anyone will care? TNG is wrapped up in TV/Film form, that's it.

7. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

They wasted four opportunities. They're not going to get another. I'll stick to the novels.

8. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like a TNG animated series. TOS had one

9. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Says who? Personally, I enjoyed them all, and would certainly chose to re watch them over the TOS ones.

That said, for multiple reasons, there wont be another TNG movie, so the facebook campaign is very pointless.

10. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

^^^That's great, but not many would agree with you.

I could maybe do with watching First Contactagain as I haven't seen it in 5 or 6 years, but the others...no thanks.
    And I grew up on TNG.

11. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic

The first out of many, it seems...most of us, actually. Including myself.

It just wouldn't work...and that's that.

12. RegFan

RegFan Commodore Commodore

I'd rather watch a new series with a new crew. And I don't think there's really any need for a new TNG movie.

13. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

No, they should do (or better should have done) a Titan movie with Frakes and Sirtis, and maybe a some actors from the other shows and a couple of entirely new actors.

14. Cornholio

umm, here's one:

and here's two:

cool, I'm glad you found something to enjoy in them. I didn't.

yeah, I could go for that.

15. CommanderRaytas

I liked the TNG movies despite their flaws (and I do see them)...still, a new one just wouldn't cut it...at all.

16. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not on Facebook, never will be, so can't help there.

However, I think this is a great idea. Not for a full out theatrical release, but a direct to DVD would be PERFECT.

One of the issues TPTB had with the movies was that the movies had to appeal to both, the hardcore fan AND the general public, and I think they had a tough time creating movies with that balance for whatever reason. The TV series never had that problem, they just catered to the viewers, and there weren't too many issues I would humbly say.

So maybe a direct to DVD movie would work better? Keep it more in tone with the series, no need for the amped up "action hero Picard" action scenes, etc.

We could get back to the thoughfulness of the series.

Well, that would work for me, specifically. I know these things are made for the aggregate, so, take that for what it's worth.

17. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

I can't see TNG on the big screen again. Film studios care most about box office, and three of the four films did badly there. I think Insurrection and Nemesis would have gone down better if they had different premises. Insurrection should have been a Dominion War movie, whilst Nemesis could have featured the mirror universe. The "nemesis" in this sense being an evil Picard from the other universe.

I think made for TV movies could work though. Another factor is that the crew are getting older now. Most are nearly 60, and Sir Patrick Stewart is over 70. Even still, it may be a good opportunity to bring in crews from other series, especially DS9 (which I think deserves to be continued in some live-action form). A made for TV movie with all of the TNG cast, set at DS9 with some of the DS9 cast, would be good to see.

18. CommanderRaytas

DS9 sounds awfully tempting...but I think we should be happy with what we've got and leave it at that.

19. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

I'm happy with the alternate universe nuTrek.

As much as I loved TNG in its heyday, I think the TNG movies severely tarnished an otherwise great TV series. We won't be seeing TNG's cast in a movie together for quite some time, if ever, I'm afraid. They squandered their opportunities.

20. MrJimbo

MrJimbo Ensign Newbie

Gonna have to pass. A TNG movie without Data would not be TNG.