What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, it was a toss up between Red Dead Redemption and Transformers: The War for Cybertron. I kind of wanted a game that I really didn't need to pay much attention to and could play for 20 minutes at a time without worrying about what happens next. I figured Red Dead would work better for that.

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

You could get lost for hours in RDR without touching the main story. There's so much to do, and I actually spent a lot more time messing around in its world than I ever did in GTAIV.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, but that's what I mean. I could just wander around, maybe do a mission here and there, without worrying about the story. When I played Arhkam Asylum, I couldn't put it down because I was so excited about what would happen next. Red Dead I feel is the kind of game I could play for a little while without really caring about the story progression.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I definitely liked RDR more than GTA4.

5. PsychoPere

Yeah, there's so many random events that occur, too, in both towns and out in the wilderness. You will end up caring about the story progression, though, I warn you, because it's that damn good. John Marston is a compelling protagonist.

I had a blast in GTAIV, but mainly just as a focus on the story progression. RDR, though, was definitely a step forward from what Rockstar did in GTAIV. In terms of world-building and main story, they really outdid themselves with RDR.

I'm even listening to the RDR sountrack right now, as I read for class. So good.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, so far, I suck at riding horses.

7. PsychoPere

You'll get the hang of it. I wasn't all that great myself the first hour or so, and you should have seen how bad I was at wrangling a horse during a mandatory story mission. Later on, I was making decent money by breaking in horses as I traveled.

On the plus side, if you accidentally try going over a cliff, in most cases your horse will notice before you do and stop you. :D

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just can't seem to get my horse to run consistently. I hit X like it says, but half the time my horse just won't do anything.

9. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I finally got around to finishing C&C Red Alert: The Aftermath, so now it's on to C&C 2: Tiberian Sun.

10. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

Currently playing Far Cry 2 :)

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I didn't like Far Cry 2. Took way too long to travel to places, the constantly respawning bad guys made travel even more ridiculous... and then the game froze 2/3 of the way through because of a bug and became unplayable.

12. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually beat it my first time through with no bug issues. On my second time through It got real buggy around 85 percent. My saves wouldn't load and I had to go way back to get a non corrupted file to continue. It worked and I eventually got all but one of the campaign achievements completed. Currently on my third play through.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Since I'm gonna buy God of War 1 first I started playing Kingdom Hearts 2. Basically got through the opening 30 minute cut-scene/tutorial then quit. Hopefully I enjoy it more than the first one which I put away after a couple hours.

14. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Stopped at 50% completion in Lord of the Rings: The Third Age....

It's one thing to be challenging, but it seems like things get repetitive...and no time is given for the player to 'relax'...(A big nitpick is: After you get done battling a powerful foe, you have to fight another powerful with depleted sources).

Too, I'm finding out that as I'm getting get bored, I am noticing things about stock footage from the films being used, the graphics, the story; obviously, the gameplay...

I was comparing this LOTR game to Silent Hill, as--even though they are different types of games--SH has a certain 'dark aura' about it that keeps the player in the dark as to what is going on, literally and figuratively; too, SH is challenging without being ridiculous. Of course, the graphics and sounds are menacing and help the creepy atmosphere.

Moving on to another game...which is another RPG with a purpose: Final Fantasy VII

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ugh, I'm seriously not enjoying Kingdom Hearts 2. What is the point of this 3-4 hour "prologue" with an entirely different character, premise, and setting from the actual storyline? Not to mention how confusing the story is, and I read the wiki synopses of the previous games. And I don't like the control scheme. All I wanna do is fight in Disney movie themed worlds, dammit...

16. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm playing Halo Reach, of course. I'm currently working on the campaign. Will dive into MP and Firefight when I'm done with that.

17. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Currently working through the Point Lookout expansion on Fallout 3.

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to replay Dragon Age: Awakenings though this time without an import:)

19. PsychoPere

Orlesian swine!

"Traitors! Which of you fought the Orlesian Emperor when his troops flattened your fields and raped your wives!?"

20. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

My favourite expansion of the lot. :cool:

I got all of them and enjoyed all of them, but that one is just all kinds of cool. And the rifle you get has become my favourite weapon. :D