NBC is reviving Heroes

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

What is Greg Grunberg doing these days?
    I am rewatching a lot of Alias right now and his character Weiss is one of the best supporting cast. Not because of his acting chops, but because of his general likability. ;)

I wouldn't mind him reprising Wei..erm, whatever his character on Heroes was called. :lol:

2. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't Greg Grunberg basically "Turtle" to J.J. Abrams "Vincent Chase"?

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm not terribly enamored with the idea in the first place. But without Peter doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose?

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Heroes is the type of concept that needn't be reliant on any particular character. In fact, the show was originally envisioned as having a new cast every season. I'm happy to see what develops and hope for the best.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well yeah, I know that was the initial idea until NBC stepped in, but that doesn't change the fact that Peter turned into one of the major leads of the show.

I just hope no one else passes, as it would be pretty dull if just Hiro or some other characters came back. With HRG coming back I hope Claire is back as well.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Both Hiro and Claire have shows.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

True but Masi Okas hardly on Hawaii 5-0 so he could probably squeeze in a cameo or three. Hayden Panettiere is on her show a lot so that's harder plus she's pregnant and might not want to do Nashville/Heroes and care for a baby at the same time.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Bummer.. James Kyson Lee :drool: (Ando) seems to be extremely busy. Though, maybe that's a sign he could appear here and there, if he takes on that much work regularly (If they're all small parts)

I wouldn't mind seeing Ali Larter, either. She's working fairly steady, but, doesn't seem to have any recurring work currently (IE: A Series) on her IMDB (4 Episodes of a Mini-Series in 2014). I wouldn't care which character they gave her, but, I'd like to see that character develop, instead of killing her off for giggles and changing her to a new character.

Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli) could be fun too. She's finished up How I met Your Mother, so, although, she's been working since, there's no Series commitment showing on IMDB

What about Micah?

ETA: Looked up Micah (Noah Gray-Cabey), and I see he's coming up on 19 years old in November, so, he's probably dealing with College, but, he might be able to do a couple shows, and help his tuition fees. Probably a really good looking young man, (considering what an adorable kid he was) to haul in the young female demos, too.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  10. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My thoughts:

Jack Coleman was perfect to start with...out of all the characters/o, I think Jack/HRG is universally liked, and his story can easily continue in many ways. Best choice to start off with...adding excitement, and maybe defuse any disappointment with others

Zachary Quinto is a great actor, and Heroes was clearly his audition for Trek fans to easily accept him as Spock. But his character has way more than run its course. And he's busy too. So I wouldn't want him back, simply for story-sake.

Ali Larter -- I think they kinda blew it with her. We had Nikki, but then they had her twin sister but a lot of unresolved questions. Was her sister's ability the power to take over bodies? Since she's a twin, it would be easy to hide in Nikki..but could she have escaped the explosion? So they tried again with Water-Tracy. I don't want a 4th one (despite some kind of clone plot).

I think Micah (Noah Gray-Cabey) would be great...having the superhero/fanboy optimism, but now as a young man...he can fill the Peter Petrelli role

(switching to character names)
    with Peter & Claire in their own shows, they don't need to be in (though a cameo wouldn't hurt).

I think Peter's mom would be great, but I think her story is done?

Ando would be good for a boost (pun intended).

i'm getting tired...I might add thoughts of others later

11. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A 20-ish year-old "Micah" as a viewpoint character and a 'Technopath' would be a really clever idea for a series in its own right. Jake 2.0 & Intelligence got nothing on him.

12. dref22

dref22 Ensign Newbie

No official word yet, but I found out that they'll be filming the show in Vancouver.

As a huuuuuuuge Jack Coleman/HRG fan, I can't wait to see him donning his hrgs again. :cool: He's the greatest.

I will not be surprised if Masi Oka and Greg Grunberg come back too. I also think we might see The Haitian again.

[​IMG]

Jack Coleman, a few days ago on Twitter: "North End, Boston. Where the streets are named for well-known Company operatives."

13. RJDiogenes

Hey, I hope that means they're filming on location here. :D

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

If they're going to be filming in Boston why not revive another popular NBC property? When Noah is trying to lay low from baddies he can duck into Cheers. Then hilarity ensues when he pursues the same woman that Sam is trying to hook up with.

I know Ted Danson is busy with CSI, but they can write his character out for an episode or two.

15. dref22

dref22 Ensign Newbie

They are going to be filming in Vancouver, Jack Coleman was vacationing in Boston and found this street. :P

16. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree, NO means NO!!!

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oka's a regular on Hawaii Five-0.

18. dref22

dref22 Ensign Newbie

Masi doesn't have a lot of screentime in the show and Heroes will be airing during the summer, maybe that helps things.

19. RJDiogenes

Since there really is a "Cheers" bar, they could theoretically do something like that. Although the bar itself doesn't resemble the bar on TV.

20. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They'd need George Wendt too, because Norm is always there.