‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Blame Tim Burton, with his insecurities about strong male figures. In fact, during a Today show interview during the 1989 film's week of release, he said he was avoiding the "square jawed" type of person. Major personal hang-up. He thought Batman was just a "geek" with high tech gadgets/suit.

It is no wonder his films have not stood the test of time.

2. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Keaton was 38 in Batman (1989). Christian Bale was 38 in The Dark Knight Rises.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R-emOpTpwTA#t=191[/yt]

3:07 in the clip.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

...to look like Keaton '89 at 38?

5. Nomad

Nomad Commander Red Shirt

People are already doing manips (from eyesskyward):

[​IMG]

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I frankly thought Bale was kinda boring as both. He looked the part and had the right badass attitude, I guess, but he just never really grabbed me or made me love his version of Batman.

But then I've never really found him that compelling in anything he's done.

8. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

This reminds me of how lucky we were to get Chris Reeve. Lyn Stalmaster pushed for him, but the studio wanted a known quantity like Warren Beatty, James Caan, Burt Reynolds, Nick Nolte, Robert Redford or Jon Voight.

Clearly that's what's happened here.

9. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I would be less skeptical (to put it mildly) with Affleck's casting if it wasn't for the poor track record for everything related to this movie. I hated the last two DC films (The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel), dislike Zack Synder as a director, and, along with everyone else, hated Daredevil. I hope I'm wrong, but I have no reason to think positive thoughts about this decision given everything surrounding the film.

10. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Major spoilers about the "issue" between Batman and Superman in next film - don't click if you don't want to know:

http://twitpic.com/d9waku

11. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

That was an easter egg rather than forward planning.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm fine with Affleck as batman. I actually didn't dislike Daredevil (and the director's Cut made it an actual good movie, not amazing but solidly entertaining) and I think Affleck will do a much better job as batman/Bruce wayne than Bale did. PArtly because, even though I haven't seen a huge amount of Afflecks stuff, I think Affleck is a better actor, and also because Bale was just so lame I think it would be hard to have a worse actor playing the role (outside of just casting some completely inappriopriate person as a joke).

13. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Christian Bale is a much better actor than Ben Affleck. Patrick Bateman is one of the best movie performances of the modern age.

I'm very skeptical of this news, as I don't think Affleck has a particularly cool screen presence. We'll see though.

14. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwfoOB30lI[/yt]

15. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

I do hope they go with a better Batsuit and Batmobile this time. This pic. looks good, I want to see a Batsuit where I can recognize the Batsymbol.

I'm wondering what Kevin Smith has to say about this?

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Affleck is a dark haired guy with movie star good looks and seems to be in reasonable shape, how is that wrong for Batman/Bruce Wayne? Keaton was a a regular guy with with thinning hair and "unusual" features. Not seeing any similarities there.

Though,the problem with most Batman films comes from the writing and directing, not the casting. Kilmer and Clooney would have better remembered in the films had been good.

17. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

Having just rewatched Batman '89 and Batman Returns recently, they mostly certainly have in a way that, even one year on, The Dark Knight Rises hasn't, and Keaton's performance is easily the best out of everyone who's played him in live action.

Agreed! Can't stand that on the Dark Knight/DKRi suit, the Bat-symbol isn't even a different color to the material around it, even though other parts of the suit ARE different and darker shades. I love that it's the suit that finally has Batman able to turn his head, but other than that, not a fan of that Batsuit at all.

On Twitter, he said this means he's seen Batman naked. :lol:

18. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

He certainly has the chin for the part.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This. Any one of his three films as director are better than anything Snyder has made.

I think he'll be fine. And he has the physical presence to stand alongside Cavill and not be overshadowed. Wouldn't have been my first choice but he's a much better selection than some of the names being rumoured. He arguably looks more like the comic Batman than any other actor to play him to date.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

:confused: