Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th [spoiler

I think the extras are 720 (even that is unusual as iTunes digital copies for BD releases are almost always in SD--film and any extras).

2. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Just picked mine up at Target with the respective bonus features. Can't wait to get home, pop that bad boy in, and hit 'play'

3. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

I continue to enjoy not having a substandard disk and will wait as long as it takes to get all the extras on one disk at a fair price.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Okay?

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

You've made that point, yes.

Quite a few times, now.

If you feel you need to continue making it, over and over and over, you're welcome to go off and write a blog about it—heck, you could even write letters to Paramount or Bad Robot—but it'll earn you a spamming warning if you keep it up here.

6. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I picked up the Wal-Mart exclusive edition with the steelbook and Vengeance model. I'm such a sucker for steelbook cases, and I'm also a toy collector. It's like they made this set especially for me!

7. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

I see no difference between continued posts reporting a purchase and where the UPS truck is or continued posts saying I still have not changed my mind. I already wrote to Paramount. Your post could have been a PM...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  8. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I picked up my 3D Blu-Ray about half an hour ago. I'm a little disappointed the 3D version didn't come with the Hot Wheels U.S.S. Vengeance, but I may order it online.

9. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Torn between going to Target or Best Buy.

I'm not big on extras, but it seems Target has more than Best Buy does. The cover art isn't a factor - I actually prefer the multi-colored Target cover over the black Best Buy one with "Into/Dark/Ness" broken up over three lines like that - looks piss-poor to me.

I like how Target is boasting exclusive packaging. This from a store that routinely damages and sometimes flat-out destroys packaging with their infernal security devices.

Walmart isn't a contender. I'm not impressed by those Hot Wheels ships. Junk.

I would prefer there being just one bluray release, the same at all retailers (well, maybe they can add their own bonus to it, like Best Buy has done).

10. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Unless something has changed, the Best Buy exclusives are available for free from CinemaNow

11. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Steelbooks are nice but I really got this set for the Vengeance toy. Had the Enterprise D one already so I knew what to expect. I'm going to put it next to the Enterprise hotwheels, looks just like the scene from the movie!

12. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

...while I continue to enjoy the outstanding movie - which looks and sounds spectacular on my home cinema system. Damn, the pleasure I get from watching this disc makes it a snip in my book - how about that?

By the way, you're really lucky to have such a low enjoyment threshold. Can you derive as much enjoyment from not owning other things as well?

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

The biggest difference is that, while each of those reports of purchase or UPS-truck status is posted by a different person, you have been posting essentially the same thing, over and over, in this thread. That's spamming.

You were also asked in a different thread to desist from haranguing another poster for his supposed failure (in what never pretended to be anything other than a comparative review of extras in the various Blu-Ray sets for Star Trek Into Darkness) to advocate a blanket boycott. You appear to be beating more or less the same drum in here, with little intent other than to provoke a response from other posters.

Those, together with your refusal to drop the subject after having been asked to do so, will provoke this response: you have earned a warning for trolling. Comments to PM, if you will.

14. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could never bring myself to purchase any version of the Abrams ship but a friend got me the Basic Fun keychain and it seems to scale nicely with this Vengeance. (probably a bit smaller than it should be)

15. Leathco

Leathco Commander Red Shirt

I also went with the Wal-Mart exclusive with the Vengeance ship and steelbook case.......AND the 3D Blu-Ray. I already collect the Hot Wheels ships, and liked the Steelbook cover quite a bit, though I had to get a 3D version for my TV

16. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I just got the standard Amazon version, it came today. We all liked it. Sure, more special features would have been nice, but they matter less to me than getting the movie itself at a price I wanted to pay, delivered to my door on release day.

17. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I went for the Target exclusive set--on the back it says the bonus disc has over an hour of special features. Not sure if that's the Target ones combined with the regular ones, but either way, that'll be enough for me I guess! I was torn between the Best Buy and Target ones, but I like to have a physical copy of the bonus material--I don't want to stream them from some site. I also think the Target extras are more interesting to me... so I'm happy. Still wish Paramount hadn't split all the bonus features.

18. Beyerstein

Beyerstein Captain Captain

I bought the Target version today. Watched through the movie and the bonus disc once already. Most of the stuff on the Bonus disc wasn't all that interesting. Trying to download the commentary from itunes. Ive never redeemed a digital copy from a blu ray before. It says I have 4 hours remaining. This sucks

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Anyone notice how the back cover synopsis completely ruins the mystery of the whole movie? :p

20. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can't wait to pick up the DVD release of this (don't have a blu-ray player, hence DVD).

I picked up the steelbook ed. of Star Trek 2009 when it became available - the one which came with quite a good model of the USS Enterprise (the saucer of which doubled as a disc-holder).

I already own the Hot Wheels USS Vengeance as a regular diecast: she's a beautiful model, and well-worth picking up (and it's a great extra to come with the Blu-Ray, IMO).

:)