2200's Integrity-Class Starship WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aalenfae, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Love it!

2. aalenfae

aalenfae Commander Red Shirt

Thanks! Here's a slightly updated view. Added some phaser turret hatches, modified some of the piping, and filled in details around the command module.
    [​IMG]

3. aalenfae

Hate to double-post, but I've come up with some new, cool goodness!

Here's some of the internal guts of the Integrity!

[​IMG]

4. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks nice. Out of curiosity, does the M/AM core feed the ship power or is it only just the fusion cores?

5. aalenfae

I've set it up that the M/AM core is only for the warp drive, while the fusion cores power everything else.

Though the main conduits powering the impulse engines run straight under the M/AM core, which might be a possible place for a tie-in.

6. PhoenixClass

PhoenixClass Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like the look and logic behind the support cables.

I'm not sure about the superstructure itself. On the one hand, I do like that it fits in with your theory of design. On the other hand, it might be too "old fashioned." My first thought when I saw it was that the ship had the back end of an airplane stuck on top.

Just my perspective and impressions, humbly submitted.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

nice ship guts there :)

8. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The idea of solar panels I can certainly agree with being a useful option, especially in a future where I can assume that it would be an actually economical way to gather power. This version of the solar panels appears to take up too much volume with the large hinges - how about thin panels in roughly the same shape that lift up and slide out, not flipping over but just up a little and out, giving the ship 6 or 8 roughly rectangular solar panels exposed, while at the same time, not altering its warp field profile in case it is necessary to leave an area quickly for some reason?

And I must say I'm impressed with your level of detail in this ship. It really does feel like a ship that could fit into the original Trek universe, moreso than the alternate Trek's Kelvin. Please do keep up the good work!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  9. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

These are the drawings I always pore over in Technical Manuals. Good stuff! My question here - how do they eject the antimatter and/or fusion cores in an emergency? It looks like the antimatter is placed right at the neck and pylon structure.

10. aalenfae

Hey - thanks for your comments! Of course, I'm always revising exactly how things work on the ship, so I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind!

For the fusion cores, they'll eject quite easily - as a new update in the relatively near future will show. The answer to the antimatter core is a puzzling one for me, as it doesn't really go anywhere conveniently in my design. But I'll definitely give it some thought.

11. aalenfae

Well, looks like that "update in the relatively near future" never really happened!
    Stuff involving this ship really fell by the wayside as I got pulled into several huge projects. But recently, I've revisited the ship with a new render:
    [​IMG]

12. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh, very nice! The lighting looks pretty realistic! :techman: But if you're going by standard practice, you have the red and green lights backwards.

13. aalenfae

Whoops, yeah you're right.
    I always get those mixed up! Probably because I'm too used to seeing planes at night from the ground, and I forget to switch it in my brain.

But I've fixed it now. So future renders will have the correct lights.

14. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

That's a very lovely image.

--Alex

15. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i like it. doesn't really need a secondary hull

16. aalenfae

She actually does have a secondary hull, but it typically gets hidden under the saucer. You can see it peeking out in this new shot.
    [​IMG]
    Here we can see brand-new, more highly-detailed warp nacelle caps, and some more details in the saucer section. I've removed my phaser turret hatches, and will be doing something pretty exciting with them. Stay tuned.

17. aalenfae

And here's a render from the front - with some helpful labels. Phaser turrets are still missing.
    [​IMG]

18. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I really like this entire concept!

19. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Yeah, great design.

--Alex

20. aalenfae

Little bit of an update!
    While this starship class has two large bays for auxiliary craft, it also has two dedicated shuttlecraft pens to hold a special, larger class of shuttle (about the size of a city bus). The shuttles dock in their pens so that they are flush with the hull, and this method of storage allows them to be launched at a moment's notice. No doors, no forcefields. Just load and go.
    [​IMG]