DVD/Blu-Ray Coming November 17th

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Devon, Jul 17, 2009.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I can't recall where I read it, but yeah, Simon was supposed to have improvised the line and it cracked Quinto up to the extent that it was a couple of takes more before he could get through the scene with a straight face. I'd really like to see that, if the footage exists.

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

The November 17th date was tossed around about 6-8 weeks ago. It will be just in time for Black Friday and the Christmas shopping season. PM me for my Christmas mailing address.:techman:

This is a young cast, just as the cast of TOS was young once. They made for some great gag reels and I am sure this young cast will as well.

3. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks a bunch. We'll see if we can figure out how to do that later this evening! I'll LYK if i need further assistance..... (we most likely will.:))

4. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: DVD/Blu-Ray Box art

Awesome I'm getting the two disc one.

6. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm hoping we have a Blu-ray player by then. A movie like this should be watched in high-def!

7. Bigedmond

Bigedmond Ensign Newbie

Honestly, we should all get the blu ray. The digital copy will play on any DVD player, and you will have the blu ray version when you catch up with the modern format. 2 birds, 1 stone.

8. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The digital copy does not play on DVD players. Only on your computer or portable device--like an iPod.

9. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: $29.99 for the DVD/Blue Ray, Really?

Yes. Yes I would. :devil:

[cackles as the price point raises]

J.

10. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

So far, all the digital copies my brother bought lately (he has Blu-Ray and buys ALOT of movies) refer the purchaser to iTunes and provide a code to download it free. (This is to prevent it being passed around to all your friends for free, I theorize.) I would assume it would be the same for ST09.

11. jefferiestubes8

12. PhasersOnStun

PhasersOnStun Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The digital copies usually can be burned onto DVDs if part of a playlist just like any other video in iTunes, not 100% sure how that works with specific copy protected programs, however. So if your computer includes a DVD-R drive you may very well be good to go.

13. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As far as I know, video content received via iTunes can only be played BY iTunes. When they stripped the DRM from their music a while back it did not include video.

While I'm sure there are industrious sorts who can "crack" the videos, it's not as simple as just burning it to a DVD.

14. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I'm thinking of buying the blu ray version of the movie. I like the blu rays better because of the sound and picture quality is better. You could say I'm hooked on blu rays dvds now, I have been since I got a PS3 last year. Blu ray dvd is all I'm buying now, I will probley up grade my regular dvd movies to blu ray, but they have to be little at a time. The blu rays are gonna cost more because of the qulity of the picture, but they are worth in the long run.

15. jefferiestubes8

What is with the foreign release dates of the DVD?
    donners22 wrote
    FleetLord mentions :
    Well I guess the illegal filesharers will have this by October 30 and the M.P.A.A. will be up in arms.

Is the Blu-ray also going to be available in these regions early?

16. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

The bluray rip and dvd rip are already out !

Same for Transformers though and the same for most other tentpoles.

17. jefferiestubes8

Not surprised.
    I chose to share those 2 foreign release dates here as some diehard Trekkies just may try to get an import PAL DVD before November 17 but not do anything illegal.

18. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    I am going to buy the blu-ray copy, I have a home theater with a nice HD tv at its heart. If you don't have a home theater you don't have to spend as much as I did (thousands invested) you can buy a cheep surround sound unit for around $175, a decent 42-44 inch 1080p HD TV for around $700, and a PS3 wich does everything (music player, video player, blu-ray player, video games, online content) for around $250 used, $300 slim, or $400 160gb. Over the a few months a person can acquire these things easily and it really improves ones at home movie experience.

By the way for you nay-sayers who thing HD is stupid try watching your favorite movie on blu-ray at a Best Buy or local electronics store, or perhaps your favorite sports game on HD; football for example is great on the big hd tv, it is an experience indeed that changes peoples minds about HD.

Star Trek movies are great on blu-ray, they were after all made for the big screen!:bolian::klingon:

19. PhasersOnStun

PhasersOnStun Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

But thankfully, everyone who posts on TrekBBS is both educated and responsible. This means that they both understand the value of intellectual property, and are responsible enough not to steal the hard-earned product of many people's intense labor. :bolian:

(Not to sound like your teacher or dad or anything, but as a musician who is not a superstar, spent years and thousands of dollars making an album, then talked to people who got it for nothing without realizing/caring that their enjoyment of my art without paying means extended debt for myself and collaborators, it's a bit of a "live issue" for me).

20. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Personally, i am chomping at the bit already for Nov 17th to come!! There are so many things i am dying to see again. The Kelvin scenes, that shot of the body in silent space during the battle with the Narada, the shuttles escaping against the fireball, the title card (freakin' thing gave me chills), and a whole host of other things.
    I wish i could go to sleep and wake up on Nov 17th!!!!

("and in other news....it has been determined that Yeoman Rancid really could use a life......")