If Braga had a chance to do "Endgame" over again...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JanewayRulz!, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the real problem was that it was all so Sandra Dee.

They're both mass murdering terrorists with absolutely nothing fun to do. Surely in an effort to fight tedium they'd go that extra inch to defy convention? it was their THIRD DATE! every one knows that the third date is the sex date and they did NOTHING!!! If they're not taking their relationship seriously, then why should we? Where's the fricking passion? the fire? Why is their "love" worth killing for and bending the universe in half for?

Bah humbug!

"We will begin Girl talk B'Elanna Torres."

"Go away Seven, I have manifolds to reparticularize."

"Chakotay is rocking my world. I have dispensed with virginity. I believe we are supposed to commit to the social gesture "the High Five" to applaud this victory over my sexuality."

(Seven raises her hand. B'Elanna leaves her hanging.)

"I am a woman now. You are supposed to bond with me."

"It's just Chakotay. Over the last seven years he's worked his way through the entire female compliment except the captain, and that's probably because she can smell every one else on him."

"O. So what we did in the Ventu Forest was not romantic climax built from some years of unspoken affection, admiration and love?"

"Were you cold?"

"Somewhat."

"The man is a whore."

"I see."

"No, No don't get so distraught, maybe he likes you or maybe he thought you'd make a good blanket, but there's nothing wrong with whores. I married one after all."

2. kes7

kes7 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^^I'm sure this makes me tasteless, but I can't stop snickering at this entire comment. :devil:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  3. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

Yeah- and it was kind of the point of the book, what happens to them when they go home and nothing is the same. Kind of annoying that the movie ejected the whole point of the book.

4. Cepstrum

Cepstrum Commander Red Shirt

Ok, so exodus and JanewayRulz liked Endgame, too? You guys are starting to make me feel less weird..... It feels really awkward. :eek:

I need a bunch of people to come tell me how dumb I am now. :confused:

5. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stupid!! :p:lol:

j/k

6. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=119501

I outed myself on this point several months ago. ;)

7. DrTaylor

DrTaylor Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm not offended, even as a rape victim. The fact is, Brannon Braga isn't a rape victim and we can all agree that he is Homerically insensitive, as evidenced by most of Voyager. Whatever. I'm over it. In fact, I've put so much effort into partially forgiving him I don't want to get mad at him again. It's not worth that effort. Again.

You have to admit, this idea is dramatic.

The fact that Data was already dead, though, and he'd just be ripping off Data's death, which was the worst-performing Star Trek movie ever, is probably why he didn't do it in the first place. Now he can say whatever he wants, at the time it was a stupid thing to do. If he had thought about it for more than two seconds, heck, if he had read the message boards, he would have know the Borg were the wrong way to go. He didn't and he's admitted it and apologized. That's enough for me.

If he'd had a brain in his head at the time, he would have brought back Suspiria.

8. exodus

I'm sorry but I don't nor do I believe it's an actual fact.

You can't base someones content of character based on what's written for a TV show. Things are written many times to involk emotions from the audience, it's doesn't mean those writing it believe it themselves. Writers don't need to read message boards because we aren't the sole audience of Trek. They base much of what they do from ratings and if ratings are strong for Borg eps., then they'll keep doing them because the audience has given them their answer based on that. Much of the ep. "Muse" w/ Be'Lanna was done to convey such things to us.

9. Guy Gardener

One line and it all would have been obvious and you could have called the show what it really was...

Caretaker to Kim "You got a pretty mouth boy."

Star Trek: Space Deliverance.

The series started with the entire crew in stirrups being raped by a banjo playing space hillbilly.

the quote above is weird, it almost looks like exodus is saying that he doesn't believe that brannon isn't a rape victim, because he made voyager. Someone had to have raped him because he made Voyager.

Homerically insensitive? Your spellcheck is playing sillybuggers with you Doctor. It's weird when it corrects your spelling with the wrong word but everything still makes sense because considering that Voyager is a pisspoor rip off of the Odyssey... Brannon and the rest ARE Homerically insensitive.

10. exodus

I guess next we'll be calling Braga the son of the devil, like folks used to do over Berman.

11. Guy Gardener

Have you seen Lucy Daughter of the devil?

A short lived mostly adult cartoon on adult swim a couple years back?

No?

Oh.

I liked Brannon's season or two on 24, and I certainly liked him on TNG.

It's hard to tell who did what or remember who was working when, but Brannon and Berman are just generic words to mean 'the bastards who bollocksed it up" even if Berman and Braga were on holiday and it was any fine pair entirely... Like Harvey Lee Oswald Or Michael Moore.

Why be accurate when you can be loud?

12. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Yeah. Besides, Braga didn't create Voyager. He didn't become the exec producer until, what, the fourth or fifth season? If anyone has any bones to pick with the first few seasons, one has to instead point the finger at UPN, or at Jeri Taylor. The lady who insisted that the show shouldn't have story arcs, and thought that Suder should have been killed off because 'his character couldn't be redeemed, and he'd have too much conflict with the rest of the crew'.

13. Mr Darcy

Mr Darcy Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I believe Voyager had completed its run by the time Nemesis was released.

14. Guy Gardener

There's a possibility that the folkes on top got to read the script(s... Imagine all the many many failed and rejected drafts they went through before they SETTLED on what they settled for.) for Nemesis some year(s?) before it was screening

15. exodus

B-I-N-G-O!

16. josh.heinrichs

josh.heinrichs Ensign Red Shirt

You would be correct. Voyager ended in 2001 and Nemesis wasn't released until 2002, the latter half of 2002 mind you.

17. AuntKate

AuntKate Commodore Commodore

I still think the Vaduaar with their subspace tunnels (or whatever they were) would have been a better foe than the Borg for a quick return to the AQ. In fact, I would have loved to see the Vaduaar used more in the series. They were awesome--so duplicitous.

18. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

I didn't really see a problem with Endgame as written. Killing off 7o'9 may have added some emotional weight to the finale, but seems a little cliche to me.

19. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I agree. Big surprise there! ;)

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Also, they had inferior tech but still enough to fight VOY. That way they could use them repeatedly without damaging the ship too much or killing people.