Why hasn't Big Finish completed Stargate Universe for me?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Guy Gardener, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes. For me.

The universe revolves around my desires poorly.

They make Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis Audios, so why not the less popular failure that destroyed the franchise?

Even if it's Eli just wandering around the ship going insane, they could conceivably give us a conclusion or even a third season.

Okay, they gave us a conclusion, but come-on, the only conclusions that I'm willing to accept are death or home, and they didn't give me either.

Is this a possibility for Big Finish or totally impossible?

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have you gotten in contact with Big Finish to make this request? That might help get you your SGU conclusion.

3. Guy Gardener

I'm marathoning SGU.

2 seasons in 2 and a 1/2 days.

It's a new thought.

Just about to finish, actually.

4. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

None of the Big Fish stuff is canon, so if that would suffice you might as well just go and find a fan fiction conclusion.

5. Guy Gardener

Only Angry people write fanfiction.

Or smitten by fictional characters fetishists...

With a novel, an audio, comic book, TV or movie, as money changes hands antiseptically, I can trust that there's a filter which doesn't let the loonies play with any of the company typewriters.

The Angry people explain how everything was wrong and how it never happened, but the shut ins with fanboners are just writing 130 page love letters to a fricking idol on a pedestall.

No thank you.

6. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

You have touched a sore spot here. What would it have taken to do a two hour special to conclude the storyline?

7. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

More money that Spyglass were willing to spare.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Reading that sentence reminded me of the post-finale Enterprise novels, which have gone to great length to negate everything that happened in TATV, including Trip's death.

Better ratings.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Money. If you have some money buy the Stargate rights, rehire the idiots that drove Stargate into the ground and get a movie.

Not going to happen.

I like the fact they ended Atlantis because they thought they could make more money on a movie and then have Universe be the only show.

That worked well. :lol:

10. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

I love how the producers get the credit for 'driving Stargate into the ground', but seldom get the credit for making it was in the first place. Without people like Brad Wright there would be no Atlantis to lose to begin with.

11. bigdaddy

Atlantis wasn't a great lose. Jonathan Glassner made Stargate what it is and Brad Wright followed onwards, but clearly needed more help than he was getting by the time Atlantis season 2.

12. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Glassner was only an exec for the first three seasons of SG-1, even then, Brad was co-creator.

13. bigdaddy

Wasn't he there for four?

I have no issue with Brad. I'm just saying that after doing so many seasons of Stargate they really needed to bring in a few new people to work with the show.

And under his watch the franchise died, with MGM's help, he did 17 seasons of a franchise, if / when Stargate comes back they just need a lot of new life.