TV Ratings (Monday 13th February)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

NBC

CBS

ABC

FOX

CW

The Night before saw the return of WALKING DEAD to record ratings....8.10 million & 4.2 in the demo

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

NBC wished it had Walking Dead numbers. Smash is gonig to sink fast, I find it boring as hell.

3. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bye bye Alcatraz.

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While I typically don't care for the singin' and dancin' shows, I do like The Voice.
    I wish Castle had higher ratings, it's such a fun show

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

And take Terra Nova with you.

6. Angel4576

Castle will be fine when DWTS comes back.

7. Angel4576

Read an interesting piece on tvbythenumbers the other day where it was suggesting that House's retirement might be good for Alcatraz but no help for Terra Nova. It was very much positioned that Alcatraz still has time to refind its feet and uptick again. Of course conversely, it might also get worse still, as evidenced by these latest numbers.

I think they'll probably both go, but at the moment Terra Nova's probably looking like a better prospect at coming back than Alcatraz, which must be close to being dead in the water now, barring for a dramatic turnaround in the next few weeks.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Ratings are pretty low across the board.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I've been storing up Alcatraz on TiVo, just in case it gets cancelled.

Is it going to make it, or are those numbers too low???

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ I stopped watching last week when I saw the ratings tumble. The Voice better not do a bloody American Idol and in its first few years become such a hit that any new drama against it flops.

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've quit basing my viewing on ratings. Alcatraz is shaping up to be pretty decent, and looks to have a reasonable budget to keep it around for a Friday slot.

12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Right. I'm not concerned with the ratings in terms of quality (I can judge that for myself).

After I've gotten invested in a serialized show only to have it cancelled without an ending (Drive, Threshold, Defying Gravity, Jericho, Caprica...you get the point) I usually store up new shows for a while to see if they're going to make it.

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Alcatraz is just too slow for me. I can't hack the tired case-of-the-week format just for the hope that a few crumbs of mythology will be thrown our way.

As for the Alcatraz vs Terra Nova horse race (if they're racing at all), I wonder if FOX will axe both and roll the dice again next season. I've noticed that they're snubbing all their sf/f genre shows for 2012-13 pilot pickup, despite ABC, NBC and CW going pretty strong for sf/f. That might indicate FOX suits are disenchanted with the genre overall.

Anyway, FOX needs to make some decision soon because of Terra Nova's long production cycle. If they're waiting to see how much potential next season's pilots have, that process is almost over.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

FOX needs to rebrand Monday nights, The Voice, DWTS and the CBS comedies lock in so much of the audience theres little breathing room. Serialized shows will get killed IMO but at the end of the day the simple fact is maybe theres just no room for FOX to have a hit in those circumstances and they may have to settle though they can still do better than current numbers.