What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. anriqueroy

anriqueroy Cadet Newbie

My all time favorite one and only one is the simpsons tv show...No matter how many times I watch the same episode I wont get tired of it...I used to watch it...

2. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Onimusha 2

I forgot how awesome this game was. However, I am upset they didn't put the option to have the characters speak Japanese...since the English voice acting is kinda bad at times....hahaha

3. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Been taking advantage of the Double XP weekend and beasting Modern Warfare 2. Mixing it up between Sabotage, Hardcore Ricochet S&D, and Hardcore Moshpit. Got my K/D up to 1.56, and just started my 6th Prestige.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Going to try the new Mass Effect 2 DLC now :techman:

5. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I recently finished Dragon Quest V on the DS which was the only DQ game I hadn't played through. Love those games. :techman: The recruitable monsters angle in this game was fun and I enjoyed the depth of the storyline.

Spent some time yesterday picking out a new DS game to take with me on vacation next week- ended up ordering Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I'm hoping it's somewhere near as good as Symphony of the Night which is one of my favorite all time games.

6. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been playing
    Final Fantasy VII
    Front Mission 3

also I've been wanting to fire up Xenogears again

and on the PC I've been doing the Lord of the Rings Online beta, and I'm now patching the live client for tomorrow's F2P head start :D

7. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Modern Warfare 2- lovely mix of Call Of Duty and a Bruckheimer movie. Lovely intuitive controls, and just the right mix of tense stealth and gratuitous blasting. I miss the WW2 setting, but, seriously, this is what GRAW should have been (and bear in mind, until now I thought GRAW was what GRAW should have been!) And bloody hell, the character animation is pretty fucking impressive.

Mafia II- Oh dear. GTA without the grit, Saint's Row without the laughs, but with a 50s/60s look and sound. Unfortunately it's somewhat boring, the voice acting sounds way too much like the Donbot and Clamps from Futurama, and, worst of all for me, the frame rate seems just enough off to give the whole think the same migraine-inducing effect that that sort of electric gray sky does before a summer thunderstorm. Wait for it to come down in price to a fiver for second-hand copies. Maybe.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So I'm playing Fallout 3 and I entered the Capitol Building trying to get somewhere. I ended up getting lost in this endless labyrinth including one of those two story tall mutant bosses. Eventually I found myself back where I started, never having discovered anything of note in there. Reading the walk-through I found the way through to get to the other side's exit.

So my question is, is there anything important in the Capitol Building or not? Why would they take the time to build this massive level when there's no missions or secrets in it?

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Finished up the Mass Effect 2 DLC "Lair of the Shadow Broker" earlier, now playing through the Dragon Age: Origins DLC "Witch Hunt." While visiting the Circle of Magi Tower, I overheard one of the mages say "What kind of mage has an owl for a pet?" Take that, Harry Potter! :lol:

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I don't have XBox Live but I'm curious, how long do these downloadable episodes take to download? And how much do they cost? And how long do they last?

11. PsychoPere

Since I don't know what type of connection speed you'd have, I'll answer the first question with the size of each DLC.

Warden's Keep: 126mb, $7. An hour or so? I'm not sure because I played through this one as a "regular" part of my DAO runs. I got this one for free due to having pre-ordered, if I recall correctly. In addition to the mission, it comes with a damn useful "party chest" with unlimited storage when your character's backpack is full.

The Stone Prisoner: 197mb, $15. Every new copy of DAO comes with a redeemable code for this one, so it would end up being $0. Comes with two missions and a fully-voiced character for inclusion in your party. First mission could be done in less than an hour, second mission probably a little over. Like WK, I played it as a normal part of the game, so times are estimates again.

Return to Ostagar: 134mb, $5, probably a little over an hour. Played it on its own & in a normal run back when it first came out, so memory is a little fuzzy (definitely better, storywise, within a normal run, though). Provides closure for the slaughter at Ostagar at the beginning of the game.

The Darkspawn Chronicles: 345mb, $5, about 1 hour and 30-40 minutes.

Leliana's Song: 471mb, $7, roughly 2 hours.

The Golems of Amgaark: 421mb, $5. Until today, I had forgotten this came out early last month, so I haven't played it yet. I have read that it is the most difficult of the DLC; in fact, the XBL and in-game descriptions recommend it for experienced players only.

Witch Hunt: 447mb, $7, roughly 2 hours. Could have been a little bit longer, but there was one sidequest I didn't finish. This is my favorite of the post-release DLC, not counting the expansion.

Awakening, the expansion pack: 1.88gb, $30, 12 hours approximately. Since it's an expansion, instead of DLC, it can be downloaded through XBL Marketplace or via a retail store. Does not have to be installed to hdd to play, but I included the size anyways in case you were wanting to download.

You do technically have Xbox Live, by the way, anytime you connect your Xbox online. You just have a "Silver" account instead. ;)

For what it's worth, I've loved all of the DLC because I enjoyed the hell out of DAO. If, however, I were asked which ones could be skipped, I'd have to go with "Leliana's Song" (even though I adore Leliana, it really is just getting to play through the story she tells you during DAO) and "The Darkspawn Chronicles" (since it's not directly related to your Warden, as an "alternate universe" take on events). "Warden's Keep" is worth it for some more Warden history; "The Stone Prisoner" is worth it because Shale is awesome (plus ancient Dwarf and Golem history); "Return to Ostagar" is worth it so long as you take Wynn and Alistair; "Witch Hunt," as I already said, is my favorite. I also quite enjoyed "Awakening," both as a continuation of the story of my Warden and for the opportunity to create a brand-new Warden trying to take up where my Warden left off.

With "Witch Hunt," you are able to import your Warden from DAO, from "Awakening," or create an entirely-new Warden (still the Warden-Commander of Fereldan, as you would be in "Awakening"). I imported my character from "Awakening," since it felt the most appropriate considering the expansion takes place after DAO and "Witch's Hunt" is supposed to occur about a year later. Unfortunately, despite having performed the ritual with Morrigan prior to the Battle of Denerim, that piece of data did not carry over with that import; she seemed to think I had rejected her, and I think that made me miss out on some interesting dialogue. I'm going to have to try to play it again this weekend with just the DAO post-coronation save instead. Not the first time, incidentally, I've had an import problem in this series. When I imported my DAO character into "Awakening," it seemed to think I had made Alistair King, when I had most definitely chose to put Anora on the throne and become her Prince-Consort. Ah, well, still loving this franchise.

Hope this helps!

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:guffaw:

13. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Oh my god, yes, another Xenogears fan. That's my favorite game.

I'm currently playing FFVI Advance.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I haven't played Dragon Age ;) I was just wondering in general. I'm shocked I would have thought these things would have been several gigs of data!

15. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Capitol_Building

Well, first of all, because it would be dumb to re-create Washington DC, and leave out the Capitol Building.

Secondly, clearing it is a mission in itself, especially with the Behemoth in there fighting the Talon Mercs. Plus, as you can see from the link above, there's a bunch of stuff to collect in there.

Thirdly, not everything in the game has to be mission-related. Half the fun of the game is exploring.

16. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Over the next few days it'll be Dragon Age: Witch Hunt and Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker.

I'll probably play some more of Modern Warfare 2 single player too:)

17. PsychoPere

Oops. I should have been more careful not to spoil some of the decisions you can make. Sorry about that! :(

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I probably won't play Dragon Age. I love Bio Ware and all but the fantasy setting... enh.

19. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I would suggest reconsidering. I'm not a fantasy person as well, but an outstanding game is still an outstanding game, despite the setting.

20. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My Steam copy of Amnesia: The Dark Descent is installed and ready to play. I am waiting for it to get dark out so I can play it with the proper atmosphere.

Everyone who likes horror games should check out the demo.