Strategic Designs TMP Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Retrograde Orbit, May 27, 2011.

1. Retrograde Orbit

Retrograde Orbit Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi,

Middle of last year I purchased the original Constitution class blueprints from Strategic Designs. Great stuff, loved them.
    Beginning of this year I went back to buy the refit Enterprise blueprints. All I found was an announcment they were no longer in business.

I wish I'd bought both sets together...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew if it is still possible to contact David Schmidt to see if it possible to buy the TMP plans.
    Or perhaps you own a set and would be willing to sell them to me?

Either way, thanks for taking the time to read this...

2. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If there's a way to keep those plans in saleable circulation, I'd also be glad of notice of such. I also consider myself a satisfied customer of certain other blueprint sets from that outfit. That the firm's disbanded...well, I wasn't happy, seeing as I was trying to make up my own mind as to which set would be purchase # 5.

3. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

PM me Deathok.

4. Retrograde Orbit

Retrograde Orbit Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi Wildstar,

I don't have enough posts to PM anyone yet..... But I hope with a small amount of ingenuity, I have managed to send you a message by another means. Look out for it.

Many thanks.

5. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I never did get around to purchasing anything from them and now I'm sorry I didn't do so when I could.

6. Brannigan

Brannigan Commander Red Shirt

I got the TOS Enterprise blueprints, but I too wish I could have gotten the TMP Enterprise set. If anyone knows where to find a set please let me know, thanks!

7. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Likewise. I really wanted to get their Intrepid class plans at some point.

8. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

I wonder if they'll show up on Cygnus X-1 now that the company has gone kerput...

9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

ALL PARTICIPANTS:

It is OK to suggest and/or link to outside websites that contain relevant information to the topic. It is NOT OK to suggest ways to circumvent any IP protection in place on those sites and thus to download content illegally - this is a warnable offense.

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Apologies. Still not sure why they asked Cygnus to take the stuff down if it's no longer available for purchase.

11. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't/don't speak for SD, but perhaps they intend to get their stuff back on the market at some point. If, in the meantime, everyone got the stuff for free they wouldn't e able to sell as much later on. Just a WAG on my part, though.

12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Very sad....

13. 137th Gebirg

Which part?

14. goose814

goose814 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I would have loved to have gotten a set of the Klingon Bird of Prey prints, but like others I never new they had even been released until after their demise when I saw the prints at Cygnus X-1.

15. Brannigan

I have great news for those interested. Cydonia 6, a site created by an SD illustrator Tim Palgut, is relaunching the blueprints. So far Intrepid and Defiant blueprints are available, but here's hoping the Constitution refit ones will be along soon! http://cydonia6.com/

16. arthur2sheds

arthur2sheds Lieutenant Red Shirt

Tim Palgut is also allowing examples of the Intrepid and Defiant plans to be shown on Cygnus X-1. :bolian:

17. Brannigan

He mentions that in 2005 Shane Johnson had worked on a revised edition of Mr. Scott's Guide To the Enterprise, that would have included 3d renderings of the rooms and SD's deck plans. Unfortunately Pocket chose not to pick it up. If this book was completed I would love to see it!

18. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Damn, that would have been nice.

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I think he had some health issues too. I would have loved to have that book.

20. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

Hi,

I don't think I explained properly on the site (will fix tonight), but the SD plans that were going to be one of the foldouts were going to be the 1701-A version of the Enterprise (not TMP), different from the versions that we were selling which were meant to be TMP/TWOK. They were to reflect what was seen in ST 5 and 6. Such as engineering, bridge, brig, shuttlebay, TL shaft, torpedo room, ST6 officers dining room and so on.

Tim