Wouldn't make a great film?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by ChristopherPike, Oct 20, 2012.

1. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    :lol:

I am glad you asked, my friend. His name is Rob James-Collier, and he plays the bad guy in a costume drama / very expensive soap called Downton Abbey (ITV). It's awesome, and the young man in question is refreshingly evil.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

OH I have been linked youtubes of that show in the VOY forum because people thought I would like the duchess or whoever she is.. (the badass old lady with snark). And I did. And I also like this man, very very much. I think I may needs to get me some of this Abbey.

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I was wondering that as well. Not a fan of the bad-boy myself, but he is very easy on the eyes :drool:

Also as for the Romulan uniforms, the NX-01 crew weren't wearing the TOS style, so why would the Romulans? A different uniform style would have been good, though it may have been interesting if in the 'Romulan episodes' we never actually saw them. We know who they are and what they look like, but up until TOS no human had ever seen one, it could have been a nice little nod to continuity.

4. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'm sure it's not beyond the wit of good costume designer to come up with cool version of that uniform. Be nice if kept same or similar color scheme.

5. Bamarren

Bamarren Lieutenant Red Shirt

You're right in that ENT has masses of unexplored potential for more series' and films, but in my eyes, it was always a great shame that DS9 never got a big screen outing, and was always hoping to see one. Even though the stories behind VOY and DS9 were concluded, and concluded well, they were probably always seen as 'next in line' for films over ENT. Shame the ratings killed it, it always had the potential to keep going for a while longer.

6. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I think Voyager would've made a better series too send too the screen, had the producers not decided too get Voyager home, but instead had still left Voyager in the Delta Quadrant for about 5 movies, nd then in the 6th shown the crew adapting too the Alpha Quadrant.

I never did like how the producers didn't have Voyager end with 2 two-hour TV movies. "Endgame" and then another showing everyone reuniting with their families.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Five movies!! And a sixth!

Okay I'm so there, not having been a great fan of the TNG crew. I actually would have preferred DS9, ENT or VOY movies to what we got post TOS.

8. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Isn't he just?

People have been asking me about him, and I've only had the avatar for, I think, 2 days. LOL.

Anyway, the Dowager Countess of the show is played by Maggie Smith, a.k.a. Professor McGonnagall out of Harry Potter. Her one-liners in Downton Abbey are priceless.

Also, with that thread gone crazy in mind that dealt with the subject of a gay character in Star Trek, Rob's character Thomas is gay, but that is not his defining characteristic. It's just part of him. If they included someone like him (never mind the looks) in ST, I would be sooooo happy.

I'm glad to be of (fan)service to all them boys and girls who appreciate a little eye-candy. :p