Sept-Oct Art Challenge - The Alternative Factor

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Klaus, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

"Eighty percent of success is showing up."
    -- Woody Allen

After the least-inspiring win in TrekBBS Art Challenge history, it falls to me to make a new theme. :lol:

Ok folks, we're taking the suggestion [approved by the Grand Poohbah] that given the delays it's best to make this one a six-week contest... so you have until All Hallows' Eve to get your entries in.

With ST Into Darkness coming out on DVD/BR, I've been inspired to go with The Alternative Factor as the theme for this one. Show us anything from an alternate timeline of Trek, either one shown onscreen or of your own devising. Mirror Universe, NuTrek, Edith Keeler, Q meddling... take your pick or make up your own. It can be anything from a character to a ship to a scene to an item to whatever you can think of...

The only restriction is no non-Trek crossovers, though mixtures between Trek series are allowed and indeed encouraged.

Have fun and see you next month!
    [​IMG]

2. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Technically, you're supposed to start your own thread with your contest submission.

3. B.J.

Well, I hadn't checked the forums over the weekend, but it's Standard Operating Procedure for the challenges. And now you know for the next time! ;)

4. B.J.

Anyone (besides gazomg) done an entry for this? I don't remember seeing any threads, and the deadline is coming up fast!

5. Klaus

I'm going to have one in, been delayed by watching the Sox win the Series... :D Gotta wrap it up.

6. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

The mod's Inbox is looking pretty empty, folks! ;)

ptrope at gmail dot com

Don't delay - act now! Operators are standing! Bye!!

7. Klaus

I posted a note in kitkatkatiekin's thread about which one she wants to enter, not sure if she knows we need to send them to you...

8. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Just sent mine in! 11:59pm!

9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Any more? I've got two entries mailed to me, from The Lensman and Klaus, and since this was a long challenge, I think folks would like to see the poll up soon ;).

If you're going to enter, send it to me @ ptrope at gmail dot com and I'll make sure it gets in :-). One image per entry.

10. Klaus

In the interests of alacrity, I sent the links for both yours and kitkat's to Ptrope... :D