Recommend Trek FanFic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Nathan, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Nathan

Nathan Commander Red Shirt

I'm sure this gets asked a lot, so I apologize in advance. Looking for some Trek Fan Fic to read.

I'm not really a Christopher Bennett/Hard Science fan, but more of a Vanguard / Serpents Among the Ruins (DRGIII) / HBO-type grittyness type of story.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Shameless plugs accepted!!!

Much appreciated.

Nathan

2. Warp Rider

Warp Rider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

3. CeJay

CeJay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you want gritty I'd recommend Star Trek: Gibraltar by Gibraltar or Dark Territory by DarKush. Links to the available stories are in the United Trek story archive post here.

Doesn't get much grittier than those.

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You should just buy a STAR TREK novel, or find one used. They are essentially the same thing as Fan Fiction, anyway. Only a little less raw ...

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not quite. Trek novels do have a generally higher standard, but they're subject to CBS' rules. In the fanfic world, anything can happen (which unfortunately means a million K/S fics, but can otherwise lead to some interesting situations you'd never find in the Expanded Universe or on TV/film)

6. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quite. With CBS holding their leash, perhaps STAR TREK novels aren't the way to go, after all. I am trying my hand at writing fiction - just not Fan Fiction. I cannot bring myself to take someone else's ideas and try to conform them to my own (which I infinitely prefer, anyhow). It's much easier and far more satisfying to be original, I find ...

7. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

OK, Shameless Plug, here. i am a dark and forbidding writer-when I'm not doing humor, which I often do. You can go here: http://adastrafanfic.com/authors.php?list=authors and look up "Mistral". I suggest The Revenant, Remnants, Lost at Home, Yesterday's Betazoid, A Death In the Family, and Doors Close With Tiny Screams. After that, if you haven't had enough of me, check out my USS Seleya stories(in order). You might also want to check out Anna Amuse and Lil Black Dog(other authors), on the Ad Astra site.

You might want to register first so you can give reviews. Just saying.

8. StarTrek777

StarTrek777 Cadet Newbie

Hi Nathan!

I just read this really awesome fanfic this week, and it's completed! (Extra bonus! :)) It centers on the epic friendship of Spock, McCoy and Jim, but there are other familiar characters in there as well. Its' got a great plot, action, drama, humor, angst, and some very poignant scenes. It also has some interesting twist, and a new concept in there that I don't think has been done anywhere else.

In addition, I love this story because its' so well written, I nearly forgot I was reading fan fiction!

I highly recommend that you and everyone else read it. Here is the link to the story:

[COLOR=#800080]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9781439/1/Brothers-in-Arms[/COLOR]

I hope that you have a great day, and if anyone else knows of some other great fics centered around McCoy, Spock, and Kirk friendship, please send them over. I'd love to read them. So far, this story is on the top of my list!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  9. theblitz

theblitz Commander Red Shirt