TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. blakbyrd

blakbyrd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi. Grew up watching the premiere of The Next Generation episodes.

2. KyleCHaight

KyleCHaight Commodore Commodore

Sheesh, I've been at the TrekBBS for three years now, I always visit the TNG forum, this thread has existed since October 2005 and I've yet to post in it. :p

Very well, my name is Kyle C. Haight, 19 years of age, college film student; my favourite Trek series are TOS/TAS, TNG and DS9, my favourite Trek movie is "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and some of my favourite TNG episodes are (in no particular order):

1. "The Best of Both Worlds"
    2. "Pen Pals"
    3. "The Measure of a Man"
    4. "The Drumhead"
    5. "Skin of Evil"
    6. "The Survivors"
    7. "Yesterday's Enterprise"
    8. "Disaster"
    9. "The First Duty"
    10. "Datalore"

My favourite characters on TOS are the Kirk/Mr. Spock/McCoy triad, on TNG are Picard, Data, Riker, and Beverly and on DS9 are Bashir, O'Brien, Worf, Martok, Nog, Ezri, and Weyoun. I also am responsible for 85% of the TNG screencaps at TNG TrekCore. I could go on, but, it would no doubt prove endless. :D I leave you with this image:
    [​IMG]

3. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Thaks for your hard work with that. :)

4. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

:eek: I love this episode, and this screenshot!

5. WillsBabe

^ I like this ep, too. The only thing that spoils it for me is that the body on the table is so obviously not Dorn's. It doesn't have to be Dorn's, it should just have a stature that could be Klingon! :mad: Other than that, good ep. Mind you, that shot does look like it's taken from "The Federation's Best Top Bad Hair Day". :lol:

6. Dancing Doctor

Really?! OMG, I have to watch this episode again...

LOL, nice. Although the only hair that looks bad in that pic is Alexander's. Bev's hair is awesome, although it changes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much during the series run. Deanna's hair was essentially interchangeable. Hmmm...

Bev's hair, Deanna's catsuit, Riker's beard, Worf's hair...

7. Gold Grizzly

Gold Grizzly Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like a recipe for a magic potion ...

8. Dancing Doctor

^Perhaps it's to make British accents sound French?

9. WillsBabe

^ I'm enjoying your sig, Logically. ;) Is from a fanfic, or something?

10. Dancing Doctor

11. WillsBabe

^ :lol: Thanks for pointing me to the list. I like number 3 the best!

12. Dancing Doctor

^ :lol:

I love numbers 1 (Obviously, right?)3, 4, 5, 7, and 8

13. TripTuckersGirl

TripTuckersGirl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

hey i dont think ive ever introduced myself on the tng threads. names sara i love tng and ent and tos of course!

14. WillsBabe

^ I love your avatar. :)

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread. Welcome everyone. Hope you are having/had/will have a good time here. :D

16. Beaney

Beaney Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello Everyone!

What to say about me - I'm female, nearly 26, live in the West of England and am a watcher of all the Star Trek series but my fave by far is TNG. I have been a lurker on these boards for a very long time but only registered yesterday. I have watched TNG since it started but originally it was only as an excuse to stay up late (!) - I think I was about 8 when it started. I ended up hooked and now own all the DVDs except season 2 (I'm a Bev fan and can't enjoy TNG as much without her). I never get bored of re-watching TNG!

I guess as a big Beverly fan, it goes without saying that I am also a huge P/C fan! In fact it was the P/C thread that finally made me bite the bullet and register as a user.

My favourite episode varies depending on my mood but I am loving Cause and Effect at the moment.

17. Kaaliva

Kaaliva Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi! Im new to the group, and i started watching TNG when i was about 9... I caught it around midway through season 4 (first time I had my own tv in my room), and stuck with it till the end. Im a girl (GASP!) so I always liked girls better in the series than guys. As a rule, I was a Riker/Troi fan from the start. I also liked P/C.. I was never really a fan of Worf, and I was dissapointed when the whole Worf/Troi escapade was going on. Needless to say, my favorite episodes were ones that didnt focus on Worf too much. i too, had to grow up to enjoy the symbolism (especially with Picard and Wesley). I think the saddest part for me was how underdeveloped some of the characters were, despite being "regulars" for a season or more.

I often wondered what it would have been like to have Wesley and Ro Laren on the ship together!

18. scottydog

scottydog Admiral Admiral

It's so cool to see new cadets. Welcome aboard! The TNG universe is amazing indeed.

19. TECHtheTECH

TECHtheTECH Ensign Red Shirt

Hey guys I'm new here. I've been a TNG fan since I was 11, after the show had already ended. But by now I've seen every episode (MANY times) and own all the films.

Favorite ep? I'm gonna have to agree with Beaney and say Cause and Effect ... or possibly AGT or Brothers, can't decide. Anyway it's a pleasure to be here!

(P.S. anyone who can guess where I got my username from gets a cookie!)

20. Gold Grizzly

Gold Grizzly Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm ... I can only guess that it might be a variation on the phrase "talk the talk".