Starship Farragut: The Animated Episodes Questions

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by FalTorPan, Jun 18, 2008.

1. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Is this your work? If so, then you should consider starting a new thread in this forum. :)

2. jaksajak

jaksajak Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yep! Oh I just wanted to mention how much I was anticipating your series, I also thought the site was very cool. I've been checking the updates and am very excited! I may start a thread sometime for our series, but we'll be working on our next episode for awhile.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  3. jaksajak

And if you're getting married tomorrow, I'd also like to say CONGRATULATIONS!

:)

4. NEO f/x

NEO f/x Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For those that are wondering "When the heck are we going to see some of this animated stuff ?"

Well, the trailer for Power Source, written by Thomas J. Scott, will be released tomorrow (April 6th) under the "Extras" section.

I am interested in hearing what everyone thinks.

5. kitsune

kitsune Captain

The trailer looks great :) I can't wait to see the finished episode.

6. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks awesome!

7. TigerOfDarkness

TigerOfDarkness Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very good recreation of the TAS style - looks great. I like the character designs and the other ship.

8. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Great stuff! I can't wait to see the entire episode. Nice work guys! :)

9. jaksajak

That looks excellent! Very nice work

10. NEO f/x

Thanks all...I think I have personally worked harder on this project than any other I have done in the past (don't tell our other clients;)). The Filmation-style, for its simple look, is not as easy to put together in the computer as one might think. Computers like to 'smooth' everything out; while Filmation-style is one movement per frame of film (or sometimes 1 movement every 2 frames).

Anyway, I am happy about the positive responses, and I think everyone will enjoy the full episodes.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  11. NEO f/x

For those of you that are part of the Farragut forum, I have opened up a poll that will help me decide what fans would like to see with regard to the release. The choices are to wait a couple months and release everything at once (the whole episode), or release it act-by-act as it is completed. If we do the latter, I can probably release Act 1 of Power Source within the next month or so. Waiting simply means we wait a month or two for the full release.

Here is the link to the poll...it is open until Sunday...

http://starshipfarragut.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=773

12. jaksajak

Thanks for the link, I signed up for the forums and will contribute to the poll

13. NEO f/x

I should actually ask the question here, and there are more generic fans here as opposed to the Farragut forums where it is mostly Farragut fans.

How do YOU feel about the episode being released in pieces (i.e. Act 1 next month, Act 2 a few weeks later, etc?). Obviously, if we get to an Exeter timeline that would be an issue; however, that is not the case for this particular episode.

Also, how does everyone feel about original music vs TAS music in the episode. I have heard comments about the TAS music really making the episode feel nostalgic, but wanted other opinions as well.

14. TigerOfDarkness

TigerOfDarkness Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You have such a TAS looking product there, it really should use TAS music, if you ask me.

As for the release schedule, a staged release is fine, though I wouldn't mind waiting for the whole episode either.

Loking forward to seeing it either way.

15. NEO f/x

For the music part, that is somewhat the way I feel. I am surprised that most fans would rather see an episode fully completed than seeing it in parts. OGAM and Exeter have done this, and it never keeps you from going back when it IS completed and watching it all through.

Anyway, I will probably end up doing that; using TAS music and delaying the release until completed....but keep voting and letting me know what the fans think!

16. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I would prefer to watch an episode in its entirety, but I wouldn't twist anyone's arm if an episode were to be released in segments. :)

Thanks for the wedding congrats! As for my series, it's very slow-going, but I'll finish the first (only?) episode one of these years! :)

17. jaksajak

Thanks FTP and yw, hope it was great!

Releasing an episode in parts or in its entirety works either way IMO. Its good to have both versions floating around.

:techman:

18. NEO f/x

For those who are watching our animated site...a new DVD label has been posted in the EXTRAS section.

19. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

I don't have a question, just a comment: Holy @#$!

I am astonished by the quality of work I saw in that preview. I felt like a fourth-grader again, giddily tuning into Star Trek on Saturday morning.

I don't care what you release--I could watch an extended edition of the preview twenty times fwiw (which is about how many times I watched the preview clip).

Excellent work! More please. :)

20. Starhawk

Starhawk Lieutenant Red Shirt

Just saw the new trailer and can not wait to see the final product. When I saw it I flashed back to the original animated series and am amazed at how close a feel you have achieved. I half expected Kirk, Spock, and some of the other characters to show up.

Well done to you all.

Starhawk