The Best PS3 Exclusive Games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Light, Nov 29, 2013.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Ah I see.

2. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

If you like RPGs than Valkyria Chronicles is a great choice. Other than that, I think all the great ones have already been listed. I would suggest taking a look at some of the PS1 and PS2 games available for download on the Playstation store. Also become a member of Playstation Plus. The free games they offer are usually high quality and makes the 49 bucks a year worth it.

EDIT: Also, keep an eye out for the recently announced Persona 5. It should be coming out sometime next year.

3. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

That's a really good collection of games right there. Enjoy! I have all of those except the two Infamous games, which I've never played

4. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

This. Heavy Rain is a phenomenal game. Very different to anything else on the market. Very mature and adult storytelling. It's like a David Lynch movie.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The writing could've been a lot better, but that's just me. I always notice things like that. It was a unique experience for what it was and I was engaged the whole time.

Put it this way, Mr Light.... you control four characters and if one of them gets killed, the storyline and game continues without them. The stakes are pretty high in this game because what you do or don't do directly affects the storyline.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So, the first Resistance game didn't really wow me but I realize it's a launch title.

I just finished Infamous. I liked that game, but Prototype was better.

I just started Kill Zone 2. Pretty good graphics, but the guns are shit. Their aiming is completely scatter shot. I'm on the easiest setting and I have to shoot at somebody ten times before they go down.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Valkyria Chronicles

8. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

4 pages in on Sony exclusives, and no love for Little Big Planet? I know it isn't the same kind of game as most of the rest of what has been mentioned, but still, we also got our first PS3 about a month ago, and we're loving some LBP. :)

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

^Ah, I love LBP! I'm not sure why I forgot about it.

I still haven't played LBP 2, though. I bought it forever ago, and I just never opened it.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

From everything I read about Little Big Planet, it's not really for me :)

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My opinion on LBP is that it's a terrible clunky platformer. I'm not into the whole infinite levels vomitted out by amateur community thing either, so the game basically has no value to me. It also fancies itself as being super charming, but it comes off as obnoxious to me. I bought it for some co-op action with the gf and given the Metacritic thought it should have been a sure bet... but man... One of the games I actively regret buying.

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm not a fan of LBP either. Like Yoda said, the platforming is really clunky. And most of the user created levels suck.

I much prefer MMs other game, Tearaway (even though the platforming is also a bit clunky at times).

13. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, same here about LBP. Well, the sequel, actually, which I got through PS+. Though I'm generally not big on platformers in general and can get frustrated rather easily. Add-in boss fights to the already clunky mechanics and my patience wears thin.

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I don't get LBP either. I absolutely adore 2D Platformers, but Little Big Planet does nothing for me. If you want a 2D Platformer on the PS3 go with Puppeteer.

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Or one of the Rayman games.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I played the first three stages of Uncharted Drake's Fortune today. It's pretty good, though I would prefer more shooting and less platforming. I'm getting the hang of it pretty quickly. The story is interesting. I particularly liked the U Boat sitting in the middle of a jungle... very Lost.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eventually you're gonna wish for less shooting. :lol:

These are the hardest bad guys to kill in all three games. Takes forever to bring them down.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The bad guys at the start of the first game, you mean?

19. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

All through the game...

20. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ratchet and Clank need to come out with a new game similar to A Crack in Time. I'm desperate.