What do you collect?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by OBXTrekkie, Jul 5, 2013.

1. OBXTrekkie

OBXTrekkie Lieutenant Red Shirt

And more :drool:....I'm gonna have to wear a bib to read this thread if you guys keep posting all these fabulous collection pics!

I have a question about collecting autographs too....for those who do...do you obtain most of them in person at events, or do you have particular dealers you trust for authenticity? Just curious and I've seen a few great pieces that say "autographed" but I'm learning that in our age of technology, that does not necessarily mean the actor/actress hand signed it. :rolleyes:

2. Sagart

Sagart Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I only collect autographs I get in person, as I like to have the experience, the story of how I got it to make it meaningful for me. The only one I have that wasn't got in person was DeForest Kelly's, as he had passed away before I really got into autograph collecting. Between Trek and movies/TV and music, I have just short of 500 and great stories to go with most of them :)

3. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I collect a bit of everything, mainly ships and props. I just start to run out of space. I only have one room. I'll get some pics eventually. I collect Model cars and railways too.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The only thing I've ever collected Star Trek wise was the CCG when I was 12. At one point I had every Federation crewmember and ship from the original set.

5. OBXTrekkie

I definitely prefer it that way!

6. desertstarlover

desertstarlover Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have odds and ends - a few ships, weapons, autographs, etc. One of my favorite set of things, though...are Gene Roddenberry's Frequent Flyer cards. I got them from his son, Rod.

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

For years, I had a little altar to Khan set up in my office, complete with various Khan action figures, the TV Guide cover, a pewter model of the Botany Bay, etc.

Alas, they're all packed up in a box now because I needed the shelf space for my ever-growing Richard Matheson library. . . .

8. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I used to have a trove to fill up a room. However, it's reduced to a couple of shelves full of the DVDs, books... And the stuff I have made.

9. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow Sagart, that one's heck of a collection. Thanks for posting it.

10. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Anything. I've come across some cool stuff and been able to make it mine. I have an original Kirk Mego figure, the first James Blish novel, an original tricorder prop, and quite a few comic books.

11. OBXTrekkie

That's the sort of stuff I like to collect. And lately I've been doing a lot of my own Trek related creative projects, so those make up a good portion of what I have.

12. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Comics, novels/reference books, and toys, although not so much anymore. I've got a good-sized collection, but it's moderate (and kept mostly in boxes in my closet).

13. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh, I have a few cardboard cutouts. Including the Star Trek 2009 Burger King display, COMPLETE!!

14. OBXTrekkie

Cool...I'd love to see a pic!

15. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My collection is pretty small. Just the DVD box sets of all the series and movies, the polar lights NX01 and Ncc1701 models (the smaller versions), two AMT model kits of Enterprises 1701-1701E. Then there's the Diamond select ships TOS High Def 1701, TWOK 1701, 1701-B, 1701D, all good things 1701D, Nemesis 1701E, and Iconic Abramsprise. I think I have the original season 1 TNG figures and metal Enterprise D from when I was a teen packed away somewhere, too.

That looks more like the Las Vegas Hilton Star Trek The Experience/Borg 4-d exhibit, than a personal collection!!!:techman:

16. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Super embarressing - Star Trek minimates.
    My 9 year old loves them