What prevents you from getting down for a few hours of hardcore gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BDuncan, Jul 20, 2012.

1. BDuncan

BDuncan Lieutenant Junior Grade

What (seriously and/or humorously) currently prevents you the most from getting down for a few hours of hardcore game play?

2. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Re: What prevents you from getting down for a few hours of hardcore ga

Mostly I get tired of games too quickly. I'm always putting one in, completing a small section of gameplay, then switching out for a different one.

In multiplayer games, I just get bored of all the people on there. There's always one who wants you to play without using this or that weapon, or camping in that spot; the one person who can't stop whining about how much he sucks/some other person is better; the one person who has a master strategy and wants every player to abide by it. It gets tiring. I just want to capture the flag/defuse the bomb/etc.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^May I suggest you try the mute function? ;)

4. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

I don't hear anyone talking who is not in an xbox live party with me. The only way to play.

5. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Most games I play don't support voice chat, thank God. I play a lot of MMO's and FPS's that require some modicum of teamwork between players though, so I have to keep an eye on the chat window. Combat Arms has some of the most terrible players this side of Steam :scream: it makes me wish for the old days of Combat Evolved on the PC.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Work. Exercise. The fact that I can't find a new game to play. The guilt of wasting my time in front of the TV.

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Absolutely nothing. :)

8. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For me it's become a lack of motivation to play. I don't know what's happened to me, but I've kind lost the fire for gaming. Usually when I do play, after an hour or so, I've had enough for the day, and sometimes I may go weeks without turning a console on. Maybe I've gotten too old for gaming. :(

Occasionally I find a game that I really get into and it feels like old times (Batman was the most recent example I can think of) but by and large, it's not the same for me.

9. BDuncan

BDuncan Lieutenant Junior Grade

I hear what people are saying (work, life, etc), but it'd be cool if one can answer from the point of view, of anything humorously and/or creatively witty, pertaining to any greatly admired, or even great disliked video game/s you've played and/or regularly play.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I honestly don't understand what you're looking for here.

11. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I'm running on confused here. Are you looking to steal material for a stand-up comedy act you're performing or something? I gave something of a witty answer, although the quality of that wittiness is debatable.

To give a serious reply, I'd have to go with work. I used to game so much more when I was in school, but I just don't have the free time these days. On the bright side, the lack of free time means that I enjoy playing games more, so I think it's a step in the right direction.

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Deadlines

13. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I guess it's mostly work for me. As it is, I work 8 hours and 35 minutes a day. It's also a very over-time prone job so I usually wind up working something like 50 to 55 hours a week.

Sadly, I don't really have the time to get some real gaming in unless I'm on vacation.

14. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

Everyday life.

I've been dealing with some pretty heavy issues as of late, so that's the main reason I haven't been playing as much as I used to. That, coupled with the fact that I've been gone for a good part of the summer and am also currently job hunting as well so I really don't have the time. I'll still fire up a console or handheld a few days each month and play for a good 3-4 hours, but I can't do the 3-4 hours a day thing anymore.

15. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For me its guilt. After about thirty minutes of playing, this nagging little voice starts telling me that I should be doing something more constructive with my time. Cleaning my room, working on an art project, etc.

16. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i still havent found a game as fun as jet set radio future. with the exception of making 8 foot tall smurfs on wrestling games to piss off my brother, there doesnt seem like theres much i want to play nowadays

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Lets see, housework, working, back pains from sitting anywhere for several hours straight, strain on the wrists and eyes, electricity bill to worry about, having many other things to do during the day that are more important.

18. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Finding video gaming repetetive, tedious and uninteresting. My son's playing on our PS3 now - I'd rather read a book.

19. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a word... work.

Which is part of my long, long list of reasons for not supporting pay-to-play or MMO game formats.

20. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

We basically only have one TV in the house, so if my wife is in the mood for watching TV, I can't play. I get most of my gaming time in when she's working.