X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

That's how I thought they'll bring him back too but Marsden already said he won't be there for DoFP.

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Your suggested method for him escaping his fate is that he ran away from a psychic capable of disintegrating him faster than she could blink? Uh.

I guess when he drops his glasses and there was no sign of his optical blast doing any damage, he was just *really* fast in covering his eyes, too? Who knew Cyclops could give Quicksilver a run for his money...

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm still a fan of the idea that the Jean in The Last Stand was actually a clone of the real Jean created by Mr. Sinister (basically Madelyne Pryor), and while "Jean" thought she vaporized Scott, she actually teleported him to Mr. Sinister's location, where he's been performing experiments on both him and the real Jean Grey.

But that would probably require a plot of which Wolverine (or Xavier and Magneto, if you include First Class) isn't the main focus. Crazy, I know.

4. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

After reading the conversation about continuity in the other thread, I am thinking that the writers for this movie really have a much easier challenge than any editors at Marvel trying to maintain continuity within the comic universe.

5. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They very deliberately left his fate ambiguous. We don't see him disintegrate and Jean only says she thinks she killed Scott.

If he falls unconscious, his own eyes will stop his optic blasts but even if he wasn't, the marauder, Prism, could absorb optic blasts without harm. :p

Mind you, he was so brittle that Kitty could shatter him if she sneezed. Prism sucked. But he could absorb optic blasts.

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I was thinking more along the lines of: Phoenix tries to kill Scott, Jean ports him to safety without her knowing it, and they both think they've killed him.

7. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

When I watched this movie the first time, I was fully expecting Scott to return in the final battle scenes and make a rescue or something. I was surprised when he did not.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking of something like this. It's a superhero movie, there are a lot of possibilities. Besides isn't it a general rule that a character isn't really dead unless we see a body? We never actually saw him die, we saw his face start to look weird, we saw his glasses floating without him around, and then Jean was sad because she thought she killed him. And there are even times where see or think we see a body and their not dead. At this point I've learned not to rule anything out with 100% certainty.

9. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perhaps after all the time travel runs its course, and Wolverine (and whichever other future mutants go back with him) return to the 'present', he'll be shocked and delighted to see Cyclops waiting for him, knowing that somehow time travel has restored him. Cue brotherly hug.

20 second cameo for Marsden, which he's denied as he wants it to be a nice surprised for the fans.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Brotherly Hug? They never liked each other. I am sure Logan would be happy he is alive. But it would be better to have humor by acknowledging their hostility with each other.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

'You're still a dick.'

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't put it past them to have a restored Jean Grey and Scott near the end.

Famke just had a cameo in "The Wolverine" she might be willing to do one for "DOFP"

13. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

LOL! Exactly! :techman:

14. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

On the one hand it would kind of undermine her appearance in The Wolverine, which was great. On the other hand... the X3 version of the Phoenix was just so... ugh. And getting Cyclops back would be fantastic because they wasted him so much. Though I don't know if I'd trust Singer with Scott again...

15. Vasquez Rocks

Vasquez Rocks Commodore Commodore

Part of the trailer was leaked online today! This might be taken down soon...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WxRdy1jD1Q[/yt]

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was actually up yesterday and taken down already, so view it quick if you can! Also that's "Time" from Hans Zimmer's "Inception" score that is playing. Need the rest of it already!

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

And it's already gone. I always miss the temporarily released trailers. :(

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

When I heard they were using music from Inception I totally got the wrong idea.

I thought it would be the BWOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!!!!!

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's be Zack Hemsey's bwoooooooong and used only for the trailer. The actual song that contains that sound is called "Mind Heist".

20. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Funny - that's the exact same idea that I've had since TLS was released.