Give it to me..NOW

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RobertScorpio, Jul 10, 2009.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Okay...I have been to my fair share of TREK conventions. I have been to the auctions and won a few items. (The entire STANDEE collection of DS9 being one of my favorites)..

What one collectable that you have actually seen live, and in person, would you want the most? I don't mean the filming models, or high-end things like that..I mean the stuff you mostly see at these conventions? (and, no, Mistral, I don't mean a night with Jeri Ryan)...

What collectable would you want on your Star Trek wall???

Rob
    Scorpio

2. Luckyflux

Luckyflux Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mine is rather mundane, but I have always wanted a really nice Ent-D Christmas ornament.

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Yeah...My wife actually got me the DS9 one but somehow its gone missing the past two XMAS's. Maybe it will show up this year (Hope it didn't get sucked into that damn wormhole in my daughter's closet..will never see it again!)

rob

4. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If I couldn't have the real prop, a Masters Replica (or other high quality copy) of the DS9/VOY era tricorder would be nice.

5. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I've always wanted a TOS phaser.

6. Creedence

Creedence Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would like a modern cell phone housed within the classic communicator.

7. Andrew_Kearley

Andrew_Kearley Captain Captain

I don't know about collectables or anything like that - I'm usually happy enough with DVDs and a few books - but a couple of years ago, I found a lovely diecast model of the original series Enterprise in TK Maxx for £7.99 - it's now on my display shelf next to my Eagle from Space: 1999.

8. cheezstk

cheezstk Ensign Newbie

I really don't know why nobody makes these (well, there's one that uses VOIP or something). I'd buy one.

9. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

This movie theatre I used to go to had a huge Enterprise E model hanging from the ceiling for years...even long after the last TNG movie. I always wished I could offer them something for it, but I never imagined I'd be able to afford what they'd ask, let alone find somewhere to put it. I wonder if someone eventually did buy it off them. It would be a shame if it was just thrown away. I think a Klingon ship was hanging beside it too.

10. EEE

EEE Captain Captain

If you can afford one, and get the chance, get a Master Replicas TOS Phaser. You won't be disappointed (other than the fact it won't actually stun or disintegrate anyone for real!)

Note I cannot give the same recommendation to the "Assault Phasor." But I can for their Tricorder and Communicator and Disruptor and Studio Enterprise. But the TOS Phasor is the one to have!

I'm not going to get a cell phone until they do this (if I ever actually need a cell phone, I'll borrow my wife's). I did see one that was a bluetooth thingmie on Ferengi-bay(tm) once (I don't speak "cell").

11. Phillip Culley

Phillip Culley Captain Captain

There's a similar model of the Enterprise-A (or it might be the refit) in our local movie theater - much as I would love to have it, there's absolutely nowhere for it to go.

And I doubt my wife would be too impressed with it :)