The Experience - reopening?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Elemental, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Elemental

Elemental Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I heard a while back that the experience was leaving the hilton and would reopen at the neonopolis. i'm in vegas now and want to check it out but it now looks like it may not be around until 2010. can anyone confirm this as i'm not certain? i can't even find a phone number for neonopolis that works and the hilton doesnt know anything. any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been hearing 2010 at the Neonpolis mall too, mainly from the Bartender who worked at Quarks at the last experience so it's a pretty reliable source.

3. Biggshow

Biggshow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Actually, what they're going to do is stick you in a giant metal can, give you a ton of LSD and then set the can on fire and swing it around with a crane.

5. dave_R_treker

dave_R_treker Captain Captain

Hey now that sounds like fun.:bolian:

6. sathya

sathya Guest

I used to work at the Experience back in 2000-2001, a few years before they added the BORG 3-D part. I was also there opening day and the day it closed.
    They were being run by Paramount Parks back then, and In my year and a half there, I saw prices go from $10 a person to $25. Shortly after I left, it went up to $40. Attendance would DECREASE every time prices increased.
    I think Cedar Fare are the guys that own it now (at least a few years before it closed) and if they move it to Neonopolis here in Vegas, and lower prices, they may have a shot at making something profitable. But I doubt it. It was hard enough to run the place, though it did have a good 10 year run the first time.
    I don’t honestly think it would work again. It relies on tourism, and the economy sucks right now. Plus, I don’t think trekkies can make it to vegas on a regular enough basis to keep it running. Certianly the trekkies that live here weren’t enough in the past.
    <adbot links removed>But who knows. I think it’d be better as an ADDITION to an existing theme park than it’s own thing. Maybe like back in the day when Universal Studios had The Star Trek Adventure. Something like that. Otherwise, I don’t think it would last long if they redesigned it and reopened it here in Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2009
  7. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Doesn't it?

And for an extra five hundred, a guy who looks vaguely similar to William Shatner will hit you in the stomach with a baseball bat at the end.

8. Biggshow

Biggshow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cedar Faire no longer has anything to do with STTE. The new owner, Rohit Joshi, and CBS are apparently seeing how they can fit a new STTE into the existing structure at Neonopolis. Reading between the lines, it seems like CBS, at least, has learned from mistakes made in the past and are willing to keep ticket prices low. The current difficulty seems to be that Mr. Joshi promises a lot but delivers little. And the investment climate sucks. We are just going to have to wait and see.

9. azebelys

azebelys Lieutenant Red Shirt

i'd be surprised if there was a new experience anywhere in the next 18 months, and even more surprised if it gets done in neonopolis. the place has less living people at it than a grave yard!