The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's pretty bad. :(

Back, sort of, on topic though. I did manage to find the 20th Anniversary Sonic 10 inch figures from last year back in about March.

And they are terrible quality, when did they start introducing crappy joints and articulation into all figures regardless? I thought they were solid molds.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

Damn the bastards. :klingon:

Oh well. :sigh: Thanks for trying, man. I was hoping ol' Gep would be mistaken, but whaddya gonna do. Canned, robotic responses are the order of the day anymore.

ETA: I have a toll-free number, guys! It's from one of the Star Wars collecting sites I'm a member of...just follow this link and look for the 800 number at the bottom of the message. It should be an all-purpose Hasbro customer hotline or some other such contact number. Some of you may already be aware of this #, but for the Bronies who don't know it be sure to write it down and see if you can get some kind of a reply from the company! Any efforts might just end up hitting a stupid brick wall like J. Allen's message, but hell...it's worth a shot.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/c...=News&file=article&sid=9755#comment-512040575

Good luck!

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I called. It's outside their hours of operation here. On Fridays, they close at 1 PM EST. Monday through Thursday it's until 8 AM to 5 PM. I'll have to try again Monday. :(

4. cooleddie74

It was just serendipity that the number cropped up on the other website. Over at JTA we're having a(usual)bitchfest about Hasbro distribution of Star Wars merchandise and my buddy who runs the site got hold of that number and decided to let us all have at it. He's more optimistic than most of the rest of us, but I told him I'd give it a shot just to make him happy and be sort of positive. :) His philosophy is that every little bit of added pressure might help and Hasbro might get to the point where they crack, scream and enact changes. We'll see, but as with MLP stuff I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The MLP stuff is mostly digital right now besides the small toys we're getting now. Hasbro just announced three story books for the iPad like the Twilight Sparkle one last year. The first one is already out and more are planned.

So I think we're only going to get this new 24 piece Wave 4 figure set over the summer.

6. cooleddie74

If true, I suppose that's something. I guess. Better than nothing at all when everything's said and done. It'll probably be 2013 or 2014 before we get a lot of Brony-friendly merchandise(if then)...but I'll remain positive. Hasbro might suck the chrome off a trailer hitch sometimes, but there are other moments when the company will actually give kids and collectors some pleasant surprises.

But I'm going to be on the warpath until I get a G4 Derpy plushie. Grrrrrr!

7. Amaris

I want a Dash plushie (also Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Spike, Derpy, Lyra, Luna, and Celestia)! My demands are so small!
    [​IMG]

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've never been much of a toy memorabilia collector, but I admit I'd be all over a Pinkamena plushy.

9. Amaris

One of the guys over at BK keeps posting Inkie Pie pics (I think it's Inkie Pie), and now I want an Inkie Pie plushy too. :lol:

10. cooleddie74

If I were in charge of G4 Plushies even Macintosh would get his own plushy! I'd leave no stone unturned. If a Pony appeared in at least one episode and had any significant dialogue whatsoever I'd crank out one of each just to satisfy the hunger of the Brony market. Some might think that one of each Pony that's ever had significant lines might be whopping overkill, but let's face it. Many if not most of the Bronies in the BBS would buy them all. There's a market that's been waiting for good and plentiful G4 merchandise and I think even a plushy of one of the most minor of Ponies would do well.

[​IMG]

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like I got the stripped Logray which I think is more SA

12. cooleddie74

My Logray is from the original 2011 release of the figure. I haven't checked his facial striping yet, but if he's from last year he probably won't have the stripes at all. Evazan...Kithaba...Rebel Fleet Trooper...Logray. The paint variations just keep coming day after day! Good thing I'm not a hardcore completionist who has to have one of everything because I would have been flat broke a long time ago.

Hey, if you got the striped Logray then that means you must have just found him, which means that the Dr. Evazan wave assortment with the repacks of some of the 2011 figures must be hitting where you are. That's cool...here we have yet to see anything on store pegs newer than the ROTJ BluRay Deleted Scenes figures and even those are kind of scarce so far.

13. CorporalClegg

Inkie Pie? She must be black. Or blue. And sometimes red.

14. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

It's like my two most frequented threads on this board have merged into one!

Taking a break from ponies for a moment, here's some Hot Toys Bruce Lee:
    [​IMG]

Hmmm, notice anything different about these pictures?
    [​IMG]

15. CorporalClegg

I had a Bruce Lee action figure. Then it kicked Chuck Norris in the knee.

16. cooleddie74

He has poseable eyes? Sweet!

I don't think I've seen that kind of feature outside a select handful of really high-end collectibles. What do you do, just roll your fingers over his eyes to adjust them to the position you want? Or is there some control button or trigger hidden on the body that does it for you?

17. OdoWanKenobi

His hair is a separate piece that conceals a little joystick in the back of his head that moves the eyes.

18. cooleddie74

NICE. :cool:

I've never purchased a Hot Toys figure before...how much did you pay for your Bruce Lees? Was one more expensive than the other?

19. OdoWanKenobi

They're technically one figure. The figure comes with two headsculpts and outfits, along with that sweet mirror room diorama. But Sideshow Collectibles (Hot Toys' US distribution partner) had an exclusive version that included an extra body essentially giving you two figures for only $20 more. All told it came out to about $200 which is a steal for two Hot Toys figures, especially with their prices going up and up and up lately.

20. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

You sure it's not possessed? ;)