How is Janeway sexy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

^ Ha! Somebody call the Waaambulance!

(This is my New Thing.)

2. Markira

Markira Commander Red Shirt

Oh, if being J/C-obsessed is bad, please don't let me be good! I will happily keep clicking on the video links as long as you provide them! :drool:

3. Lilyful

Lilyful Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thank you for all of the welcomes.

And all of those videos are amazing. The "Friday" one reminded me of when my best friend and I were waiting in line for Harry Potter and we were singing songs slowly and Friday was one of them.

4. jadziadaaaaax

jadziadaaaaax Ensign Newbie

Well, I wanted to get through all 485 pages of this thread before I posted, but I only made it to 349 before I watched The Captains tonight, and I decided to go ahead and post.

So, hi. :) I was recently introduced to Janeway's sexiness. I've been a DS9 fan since it was originally on, but this summer I decided to watch Voyager from beginning to end thanks to Netflix, and I've developed a bit of a crush on Janeway. I never knew she was this awesome! So, thanks for this thread. I've enjoyed all the pictures.

Did anyone else watch The Captains? If you have cable, Epix is doing a free weekend, and it's on On Demand. Shatner interviews Kate for parts of it, and it's pretty entertaining. There was one segment I thought was strange, though, and I wondered if anyone else had an opinion. Shatner asks Kate about women in high-ranking positions, and I'm pretty sure he was implying that women weren't as capable as men, and then Kate agreed with him, but I'm not sure if she was agreeing with his implication or not.

5. T.D. Possum

You read through 349 pages of this thread?!?!?!? Bless your heart. Welcome, welcome. Here, put your feet up and have a gin rickey.

Have you watched all of Voyager yet, or are you still working your way through?

I haven't seen The Captains yet. That scene sounds . . . interesting. I'll remember to look out for it.

Your username, by the way, is awesome and makes me want to bellow: "DAAAAAAAX!"

6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Maybe we could start ending conversations in CAAAAAPS!

7. Lilyful

Impressive. :) I have a few pages left myself since I'm on page 452.

And argh, I forgot about The Captains. I'll have to catch it On Demand.

T.D. Possum, I love your Doctor Who avatar. :techman:

8. jadziadaaaaax

Thanks! :D I did skim some of the words, but I paused at each of the pictures! I'd never heard of a gin rickey before this thread, but it actually sounds pretty good. I wish I had the ingredients for one.

I'm still working my way through. I'm on the second to last episode of season 3 right now, soon to be the last in about an hour. I started about two weeks ago. It's a good thing there are no "What I did on my summer vacation" papers in college, or that might be a little embarrassing. :P

I hope to hear your opinion of the scene! Haha, jadziadaaaaax is the name I always choose when plain jadziadax is taken. (I actually didn't even check to see if it was here, but I just assumed...)

And now I'll throw in one of my favorite pictures of Janeway:

[​IMG]

9. T.D. Possum

OKAAAAAAY!

Thanks! I am watching all of Doctor Who in order and I like to have a matching avatar. Are you a Classic Who fan? Do you like the stuff from the 60s? Do you want to hear me OBSESS? ;) *takes deep breath* *stops scaring newcomers*

NEVER be embarrassed about your love of Janeway! Do we need to be careful about spoilers, or are you pretty familiar with the basic events of the series?

Aaaaannnd goodnight, one and all, from the Land of the Possums!

10. Lilyful

I have never seen Dr. Who, any of it, but I am interested in it. Sadly we don't have Netflix, no matter how much I beg my mother, and we don't have BBC so I have no access to it.

But I would love to hear your thoughts on it, so I can have some inkling of which is the best :)

And no worries about scaring me with obsession. I scare people with how much I know, and love, Harry Potter.

You're just slightly behind me. I'm on the tenth episode of season four.

And I know that feeling, except in high school, to my English teacher this coming year, we do. So I'm going to have to calmly explain that I spent my summer crushing on Kate Mulgrew/Captain Janeway and watching Star Trek: Voyager. It might be interesting.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  11. jadziadaaaaax

:D Nope, no need to worry about spoilers. I pretty much know the general plot of the series, and spoilers don't bother me, anyway.

Maybe your English teacher is a Voyager fan!

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

13. Lilyful

Hopefully.

I know her husband is a Trek fan. He was my English teacher in sophomore year. :D

14. T.D. Possum

It's neat to have to first time watchers in the thread now. Y'all are in for so many treats in the days ahead.

For Lily, or anyone else who wants to jump on the Doctor Who bandwagon, never fear. Practically every episode of Classic Who is available either on YouTube or on Dailymotion. Even the lost episodes have been reconstructed and posted. So that you know what to search for, here's a complete list of all the episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_who_serials

As for which era/Doctor is best, that's rather like comparing one Trek series to another. They are all good, but in different ways.

15. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

16. T.D. Possum

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq_TpSc86D8[/yt]

17. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Possum, I think I can see what's going on YOUR wish list this Christmas! :rommie:

Just explain to me ONE thing.

Why did they even make that video???? :rofl:

18. T.D. Possum

Is it just me, or do the instructions sound really . . . you know?

"Insert Leg into the Leg Mount. And firmly slide up to lock."

19. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAA

*deep breath*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The MIDI music only makes this video better.

EDIT: No, it's not just you. Why... where did they get the stuff to assemble a pattern enhancer, anyway? And WHY?

EDIT AGAIN: Don't answer that last question.

20. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'm just curious how you even found that video, possum. What were you googling?

Been a while since we had this oldie-but-goodie. G'night, thread. Pleasant dreams.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.