"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

We saw it full-front when she opened her shirt and showed it to the sniper. Little round scar, about an inch. Nothing like what she should have from open-heart surgery and having her rib cage cracked open. Maybe you blinked during that scene.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It has been several months since the surgery...maybe that is what they're going with to explain the lack of a scar. My foot scar has been less prominent over time. It used to be extremely visible. Not really giving an excuse but just pointing out that there has been a passage of time.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I saw that scar, I just thought you were talking about the scar from when they went into the side of her rib cage. I just assumed they got the bullet when they went in that way.

If the bullet had hit her in the heart would she have even have been able to make it to the hospital alive?

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't know... in my own experience, sometimes the difference between being totally overwhelmed by a situation and being able to cope with it can be just a matter of pausing, calming down, taking a look at your own reactions, and finding a new mindset to approach things from. A conscious shift of perspective, both about the situation and your own reaction to it, can make a lot of difference.

Besides, by now Kate's had months of therapeutic guidance from Michael Dorn to draw on. But she wasn't really ready to listen to it before. I'd guess that maybe seeing herself break down like that was a wakeup call, and once Espo's talk helped her refocus and decide she could cope, she already had some guidance as to how, and it was just a matter of finally believing it and applying it.

5. Forbin

Did they go in thru the side? Okay, that I don't remember. When I heard them say they were cracking the ribs, I guessed that was going to be the standard open-heart technique of slicing the chect down the middle, breaking the sternum and applying a rib spreader. On people I've known, that produces a big-ass vertical scar in the middle of the chest that ain't going away in just a few months.

http://www.smart-heart-living.com/heart-surgery-incision.html

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah well.. realities of TV production.. you can't ruin the looks of your main (very attractive) actress for the sake of realism ;)

7. Savage Dragon

If I remember correctly they were putting in a chest tube or something. I found a few screen shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So did anyone else notice that the Captain stopped giving Castle a hard time after he came up with a solid lead and actually included him in the investigation this episode?

Could she be warming up to him or was it just that it was such an emergency she took all the help that she could get?

8. Christopher

I'd say mostly the latter, but maybe a bit of the former, once she saw he could make a useful contribution when there was really a lot at stake.

9. Forbin

^Yeah, that last shot is a rib spreader.

10. Savage Dragon

Looks like he was going in from the side though.

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally got around to seeing it. A very good episode. Will they remember Stana Katic's Emmy worthy performance around nomination time?

12. Admiral_Young

I'm guessing it'll get overlooked :(

13. Admiral_Young

"Cuffed" was pretty awesome. The score for this show is so good, quirky and fun but can also be dark and mysterious when required. I know the majority of you don't like Captain Gates but I do. They need to keep using her more. Kate's wall is starting to come down...nice "Attached" style episode. I really do think they're finally going to get together this season at some point.

As a facebook fan page pointed out 4x11 airs on the 13th Anniversary of Joanna Beckett's death, probably intended so also most likely a big arc episode. It's also called "Till Death Do Us Apart" which was originally titled "Ryan's Wedding". We're now on hiatus when it airs on Jan 2.

14. Christopher

I liked the tiger.

15. Forbin

Rick and Kate on top of the box with the tiger pacing below and the standoff going on above the hatch - VERY fun, very tense, very original, very enjoyable moment of TV.

16. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I wasn't that big of a fan of last night's episode.

The plot was rather weak in spots, especially when it came down to looking for Castle and Beckett. They didn't even start looking for them right away, like either Beckett or Castle said they were doing. That right there is a rather weak plot.

Loved the innuendo though ;). That was great, the banter between them was nice and I especially liked the part that took place at the end of the episode ;).

Who would have guessed that Beckett was so kinky :p. With the whole 'handcuff' innuendo bit at the end, that threw me for a loop.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I admit I didn't see that coming!

18. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Me neither; a big-time WTF moment.
    What I don't get is why did the rednecks keep Castle and Beckett alive, did I miss that somehow? They certainly had no issue killing the truck driver, so I don't know why they wouldn't do it again.

19. Admiral_Young

The mother stated at the end I think they were going to feed them to the tiger to get rid of them. Beckett I'm sure has sides to her that we've not seen before because of her emotional wall that is starting to come down now. I will say that the only thing that I didn't really like about the episode is that it seemed a little too convenient that they were rescued just in the nick of time. I know that there was probably no way else to resolve the plot but still...and they moved that hatch really easily after it was made clear they weren't able to even push it up against the wall in the first place. Unless they removed all the chains that were inside before propping it up onto it's side.

20. Christopher

Possibility 1: They didn't want to bring down the trouble they'd get from killing a cop if they could avoid it.

Possibility 2: They're fans of Castle's books and wanted him to survive to keep writing them.

From context I take it you mean "they moved that trunk really easily." If you've ever had to move a heavy box or other object across the floor, you may have found it easier to tip or roll it onto its side than to slide it flat across the floor, because you aren't fighting as much friction and have the advantage of leverage. (In fact, friction works in your favor there because you want the fulcrum to stay where it is.) Then once it was up on its side, they could've "walked" it into the desired position under the hatch.