Once Upon A Time Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Those two people from last season who were trying to put an end to magic got killed off rather suddenly. Then the story switched gears quickly and in a way that makes me think that having them work for Pan wasn't the show runners' original intention, assuming they had one. Looked like they had to get them out of the way so that they could move forward with this Peter Pan stuff.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, they definitely reeked of aborted storyline.

3. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It's been an entire year. Something could have happened to give Hook and/or the others their memories back. My guess is that they all lost their storybrooke memories and that we'll get a few episodes (possibly in flashbacks) in which we see one character with returned memories fighting to get everybody else's memories back.

One interesting possibility: are Pan and Rumple really dead if Storybrooke never existed? Will we see Rumple returned to his green pre-redeemed form with no memory of having given up his life for a good cause? Reality was altered, after all. It's just a question of how far the writers want to take it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Right, not so much that Pan came out of nowhere (he was pretty well set up) but they didn't seem to know what to do with Greg and Tamara (in fact, despite their talk of an organization it seems to have consisted of... those two. Oh, plus Wendy's brothers I guess) so just decided to dump them straight away.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

On the positive Side, there is no new Project listed for Robert Carlyle on IMDB, that would take him away from the Show. If he had a big project that was known, that could really lower the chances they'll bring him back next half-season.

Of course absence of proof, is not proof of absence, but, at least it is a lack of proof that he has something big coming up, so there's hope.

I think they have their memories, only Emma and Henry lost theirs, and Emma was given a memory of keeping Henry and living through his infancy to childhood, which would allow them to live happily ever after and give her a reason to have this child with her now. As mentioned upthread, it wouldn't be as much punishment for Regina if she was able to forget her pain in losing Henry forever. The curse was destroyed, so it didn't take the memories of the Fairy Tale Characters.

Hook, is not from the Enchanted Forest, so, he went to his place of Origin, which I believe, allowed him to work his way back to our world and find Emma in the year that has passed in the time jump.

6. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I interpreted it as only Emma and Henry lost their memories, while everyone else kept theirs.

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Emma and Henry are the only ones who would've lost their memories, and Regina's false memory spell stopped that from happening.

Yes, he is.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Oh, OK, I thought he was from an Alternate Fairytale England, like Wendy and her family. Then that begs the question of how he got oout of The Enchanted Forest, into our World? Maybe because he waasn't affected bby the original curse?

9. DigificWriter

Wendy and her family are from our world (the Land without Magic).

He and Cora used the Jolly Roger and the remnants of the magic wardrobe, remember?

Unless you're talking about his reappearance in New York after a year, in which case I'd say 'a magic bean'.

10. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't believe the citizens of Storybrooke lost their memories upon returning to the Enchanted Forest. They wouldn't have been able to explain Bae/Neal being a grown-up man or what happened to Rumple. Only Emma and Henry were given false memories.

11. DigificWriter

They didn't.

Correct.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

According to... who?

I'd say it's a better wager that they found a way to regain their memories similar to how they did it in Storybrooke. Both Regina and Gold were adamant that they'd all forget about Storybrooke once the curse washed over them. Saying they didn't lose their memories at all is just talking straight out of your ass.

Correct.[/QUOTE]
    Which is probably why the method used for the others didn't affect them; they were under a completely different spell/curse.

14. sojourner

You might need to rewatch the episode.

15. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

The episode itself?

Emma and Henry lost their memories, everyone else kept theirs, the episode made that perfectly clear. It wouldn't even make sense if they forgot everything, it would reset their characters back to the moment before the curse hit in the pilot and what kind of punishment is never seeing Henry again if Regina wouldn't remember him.

16. Mister Fandango

That's exactly what Regina said would happen. It would be as if Storybrooke never existed. Those were her exact words. Storybrooke wasn't being erased from our world, it was never happening in the first place. Thus there'd be no memories to have since there was nothing from there to be remembered.

Clearly they broke it and found a way to regain their memories, hence Hook showing up (not the next day, not the next week, not the next six months, but quite a long time afterwards) and trying to break the curse in the same way it probably happened back in the Enchanted Forest -- with a kiss.

Hell, it's exactly the same reason Emma and Henry lost their memory. If the Enchanted Forest natives wouldn't lose theirs, they shouldn't have lost theirs, either.

17. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

No, this is what was said (emphasis mine):

Regina: When the curse washes over us it will send us all back, nothing will be left behind, including your memories. It's just what the curse does, Storybrook will no longer exist, it will never have existed, so these last years will be gone from both your memories.

The memory loss only affects Emma and Henry.

18. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was pretty clear that only Emma and Henry would lose their memories, or at the very least, altered by Regina's spell.

Can't wait for the new episodes. Charlotte from LOST will play the Wicked Witch.

19. Mister Fandango

I emphasized the important things. You're confusing the fact that she was talking in relation to Emma and Henry -- so Emma and Henry know exactly what's about to happen and why she's going to cast her curse -- but the emphasized parts are the important parts.

At no point does she say that they, themselves, will remember Storybrooke. At best, she has no idea what will happen in that regard, and she says as much (in the part you conveniently left out).

And, again, the only reason they would have forgotten all about Storybrooke is because Storybrooke would have never existed -- which is what Regina states point blank. Why would the Enchanted Forest natives remember something that never existed, especially due to a curse that explicitly causes its subjects to forget everything they knew? Doubly so since they are the ones being cursed at the end of the episode; Regina's putting a whole other one on Henry and Emma.

Additionally, its even more weird that Regina felt that neither Henry nor Emma would remember anything since the natives of the Enchanted Forest who weren't affected by the original curse certainly remembered what happened, including all those other characters vanishing into thin air.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  20. sojourner

I think your reading the scene wrong.