Movies: that last shot

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

That was probably The Naked Jungle . . . .

2. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

[LEFT]
    [/LEFT]
    Great point. Zodiac is one of the most horrifying and scary movies I've seen, since it happened. It was for real.

Also, I love that not only is the last character we see in the movie also the first character we see, but that they bring back "The Hurdy Gurdy Man" on the soundtrack just at the end. Just as the character remembers that night, as he remembers the song. I was in a theater with three other people but when the credits rolled I fucking stood up and applauded. I was so impressed by the movie.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. It's just so. sad.

4. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

I like to think that the final few moments of a film can double or halve how good the movie is, might wear off after a while though.

12 Monkeys' last shot I'm going to rip off in my short film. The penultimate shot needs a honorable mention too.

Dancer in the Dark was doubled by its last shot. Last scene actually but the last shot's great too.

Saw's one of the best ever! "Game Over." *SLAM*

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  5. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I mean this as sincerely as possible: as someone who admires your efforts in the creative endeavor of making your own short films, why would you copy shots another film? Or, in your words, "rip off"?

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep. Perfect ending!

The last shot of The Hurt Locker- Sgt. James walking down the road in his bomb suit, with the ominous caption "Days left in rotation: 360" over it. You know he is eventually going to get blown up.

7. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

the dark night rises should've finished a couple of seconds earlier with michael caine nodding to the camera. would've been perfect.

8. Konata Izumi

I love it and it fits perfectly here with some changes, it's more a quick detail in this. It hardly rips off the whole movie of its originality.

It also opens with that music from Antichrist with some dicks in both senses of the word though...

It's still original, honest! :)

9. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not quite sure of the shots you're referring to: the last scene in the airport, the scene in the parking lot, or the scene inside the plane?

10. Konata Izumi

Last shot's the kid's eyes. I'm not really sure if it's penultimate, but I meant the one inside the plane.:alienblush:

11. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I only ask because I find the end of the third-to-last scene, when Kathryn smiles at young Cole, to be the most powerful of the film.

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The last scene in Godfather as Michael becomes the new Don and the door shuts on Kay.

13. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oooh... what about Sleepaway Camp? Terrible movie until that last shot. I don't want to spoil anything.

14. Konata Izumi

The Master was a good movie but the last shot was terrible. So black-and-white and crudely just tacked there. The rest of it wasn't like that at all.

15. Konata Izumi

Neither part's in the head-treatment any longer as I changed the tone to something light-hearted and punkish as it drifted more and more depressing while the core idea was supposed to be light-hearted. Maybe I'll make it in the next month as the script's going to finish quickly now it's been thought through and the sets are gonna be just some pink painted cardboard castle walls and the acting's supposed to be just some unnaturally happy people.

Sometimes credits are more a part of the movie than usual. Dogville ended unexpectedly light-heartedly. Oh and the final shot's fine too. :hugegrin:

16. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

The last shot of The Passion of the Christ as Jesus gets up and walks out of the tomb. It's so badass.