NX01 Refit

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Cpt. Porthos, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Ensign Red Shirt

I get that, but it's too much too soon. You've got at least 50-75 years before ships should be looking that close to the 1701.

And why two deflectors? Wouldn't they just remove the saucer-mounted deflector once the new one was installed?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Laziness, mostly.

3. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why not? Yes, it's redundant, but it's probably not worth the trouble of getting rid of it either. The point of the new add-on was to avoid a major rework of the main hull. I don't think the time and effort of taking out the old deflector was worth it considering what little they'd probably have to gain by doing so.

4. Skywalker

I think it makes way more sense for this "refit" to just be added on to the NX-03 while it was being constructed, thereby avoiding the silly redundant warp core and deflector dish in the saucer (which could free up space for other upgrades), rather than bringing Enterprise in and hastily bolting a secondary hull onto the saucer section.

5. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

It looks like all they did was slap on the TOS enterprise bottom to Enterprise.
    Not good at all. I am actually glad they didn't have a fifth season now.

6. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I resent this. Heavily. :angryrazz:

7. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

This actually makes more sense as a refit than the TMP Enterprise, so :p

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I stand by my earlier comments that this refit makes no sense... the fact that you add all that mass to the original design yet gain nothing in the way of room for more equipment.

It's not like additional space for extra supplies and scientific equipment would be important on a deep space explorer.

I'll just stick with the Daedalus class, thank you very much.

9. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hate that. Now, thats a bit of ah what's the term fan service?

My gripe with the NX-01 has always been, they should have made it look less like the StarFleet ships we were familiar with - this is just awful on all fronts, this attempt to make the ship have the exact same shape as every other Enterprise.

10. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't like the look of the ship when the show was on (I always thought it should have been a Dadedlous ship), but this is even worse.

11. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

My thoughts center around the following model for Bridge Commander...

Much more integrated than Doug's design...

[​IMG]

12. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

Still don't like it. ^

13. Skywalker

Yeah, I actually like Drexler's refit more than that one. If they'd made the secondary hull a little larger, and actually connected it to the saucer, then I'd like it more, but as it is I don't think they went quite far enough with it.

14. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

The nacelles look to much like a rocket a 5th grader would draw. I think that the creator couldn't come up with his own version so he took the two enterprises and badly mixed them and called it Atlantis, which isn't a good name to me either.

15. Birdog

Birdog Commander Red Shirt

Atlantis is a NASA Shuttle. The first two ships in the NX class were Enterprise and Columbia which were the first two NASA shuttles. So it stands to reason that NX-03 would be Challenger, -04 would be Discovery, -05 is Atlantis and -06 would be Endeavor and you could even go further and have -07 be Buran(Soviet Shuttle prototype.)

16. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

^ right. but it just doesn't fit to me when I look at the ship.

17. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like it.

18. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

Like what?
    Name?
    Ship?

19. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh... I'm ever so glad history took the right path for you.

If anyone needs me I'll be in back in 2004, blackmailing Leslie Moonves with compromising photos that could ruin his career, if I don't get what I want! :rommie:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  20. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

^ I would have loved to have a fifth season, just with anyother ship than that.