Prison Break 4x08 "The Price" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Oct 20, 2008.

?

Grade the episode.

1. Excellent

55.6%
  2. Good

33.3%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bad

11.1%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

From TV.com:

2. Trekker4747

I'd say that was an Excellent episode. Good to see the Assassin finally get caught, a Mahone to get a taste of revenge, Sarah confronting Susan B. and we're rid of Roland!

Little punk. Got what he deserved. (Though, I suppose if Scofield's Seven had been nicer to him he may not have squealed.

And that cute secretary in the Gate office? Not too bright is she?

3. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

Roland is gone. Yes, he was annoying. I actually liked him at first, but he wore out his welcome. And let's not forget he sold them out. Anyway...

I'm glad Sarah was the better woman and didn't whip that bitch. She deserved it. Oh, she deserved it, but...the time wasn't right.

They took down Wyatt! Can't wait to see what Mahone does to him. I hope he makes it last a long time.

Scylla's going underground. I wonder what it really is, since Gretchen/Susan said it wasn't a black book. Can't wait for November.

4. Raxor

Raxor Commander Red Shirt

I loved this episode. Probabbly my favourite of the season. I liked learning a little more about the general's motives (hinted at earlier on) and how he knew his life wasnt being targeted, but the cards.

Im curious at how they are going to move it, or even what the whole thing looks like (and even if Michael and co found it before it is moved)

I actually thought Wyatt would just finish off Roland after he gave the location, instead of just been left to bleed to death slowly.

I think the show can be outrageous at times but i still enjoy it on the whole.

5. TheInsideMan

TheInsideMan Commodore Commodore

Great episode. I was begging Linc & Co to let Mahone satisfy his thirst for revenge, he was just getting started.

Looks like Sarah is looking for some payback, too. I still remember that great moment back in Season 1 when the then-harmless Sarah attempted to kill Agent Kellerman on the train. Can't wait to see what she's got planned for Susan B.

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was good, has all the right elements, but it's not feeling at all fresh or original. Just your standard thriller.

They need more T-Bag!!!
    That doohicky that lets terrorists melt down all of America's power plants at once. They stole it from Jack Bauer.

7. Trekker4747

Not a phrase you hear all that often.

;)

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Good episode, thank you for finally killing someone! I was surprised to hear they're already down to the last card, I could've sworn there were more yet? Does mean we're already entering the final act of the series?

Was there really a point to the extended Linc flashback? It was nice and all but it seemed odd to throw that in there. Just to show the tactic of ambushing a car???

9. Trekker4747

Yeah, all it seemed to do was setup the ambush. Unless it's also going to set something up later.

I doubt we're enter a final act. The still need to get the final card and break into Gate to get the decoder or whatever. But in the last episode before the Winter Hiatus is when they made their first break-out attempt and discovered that a pipe had been replaced -thwarting their efforts.

So I'd suspect something similar here. Something will happen before the Winter Hiatus that'll "reboot" everything they need to do for the second half of the season.

10. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

In a PB thread? It should be said on a weekly basis! :rommie:

If they ever kill that guy, this show is done.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I assumed they were setting up this past cohort of Linc's to appear in present day, but then it didn't happen. Odd.

So what will Scylla be? I think the obvious twist would be that it's a person like the "tracking system" in S1 of Heroes.

12. Trekker4747

Well, from what I gathered from the creator's commenatries on the Pilot episode on DVD the creators have a love/hate relationship with Fox. Fox, as you may well know, underestimates their viewers' intelligence.

There were a couple times in the pilot (and S1 as a whole) where flashbacks had to be intercut with dialogue. Fox's reasoning being that the viewer wouldn't put two and two togehter. "Hey, they're talking about something that happened earlier in this episode!"

So, extending from that line of logic it's possible the flashback was there in the teaser so as to not confust the audience later on when the plot centers around an action of Lincoln's past. ;)

13. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i am kinda sad about Roland...i was hoping they would have some character development on him....and they could've stretched the "traitor" aspect a couple of episodes...

Unfortunately, they set him up to be dead meat.

Now Sucre -- how many times has this man been shot? And how quickly has he recovered?

Wyatt -- wow, how long will they keep him alive? Or will he somehow escape after being "guarded"?

14. Trekker4747

Well, clearly, Bellick shouldn't get to "guard" him. We all know how well THAT turns out.

;)